What's new

Brainiac Living Guide Thread

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
You've obviously made up your mind about how shit tier Brainiac is and you don't really seem interested in conversation as much as you just want to rant. So have fun with Injustice dude.

Also I would never downplay Wonder Woman. She's a really solid character and a goddam goddess.
I just gave you a paragraph worth of factual information in shorthand form, of my reasoning as to why Brainiac suffers.

I supported my statement rationally, saying "wonder woman would kill for a divekick" is ridiculous and is not even logic. Atrocitus would kill for Cyborg's zoning, but would he take all the trade offs that come with it? No, because then he would just be Cyborg, and theres a reason Atrocitus is top tier and Cyborg is not.

You haven't even CONSIDERED the downsides that this character has, and when I point them out to you, you close your eyes and say "you've clearly made your mind up enjoy injustice dude". Don't say I'm not capable of having a conversation, you've contributed utterly nothing of substance here at all and backed out the second some was provided.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
You've obviously made up your mind about how shit tier Brainiac is and you don't really seem interested in conversation as much as you just want to rant. So have fun with Injustice dude.

Also I would never downplay Wonder Woman. She's a really solid character and a goddam goddess.
@WB-chan is right tho.

I think his trait isn't half the speed of other projectiles tho

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I wonder how busted it would be if he was able to summon Trait while he was airborne?

I mean, why the hell not?
You HAVE to give him something, but apparently balancing Brainiac is like diffusing a bomb.

I really want to keep up with this character, but we need some light at the end of the tunnel.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
comparing brainiac and scarecrow doesnt work, also scarecrow has fucking traumatize, a full screen combo starter, traumatize will make you afraid to press damn near anything.

Agilaz

It has begun
I picked up this character with optimism. Now, I'm a broken man. :(

For real, WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

There is no excuse for him to be this bad. There's not a single thing in his kit that warrants so much suck.

They really need to fix him up. Scarecrow randomly got a wakeup attack, why couldn't Brainiac get AT LEAST that?

Good thing he's not my main. I picked him up because he looked cool, his moves looked cool and he's voiced by Jeffrey fucking Combs. That's a whole bunch of hours of my life I'm never getting back.

But forget that, let's buff Black Adam or Aquaman or some other stupid faceroll character that anybody with literally half a brain can pick up in 10 seconds.

i have a hard time doing this off of anything other than b23 in the corner :/, is there a trick to it?
It is all timing, d3 has 26 frames of hit advantage ( I think a bit more if done on the airborne opponent), anything with the same hit advantage or more works for the corner set up. B23 has 40 frames of hit advantage so it works very well in the corner although it isn't a hard knockdown, Dox drill has 27 frames of hit advantage (even more on the airborne opponent) so it definitely works). F23 HKD has 22 frames of hit advantage so it isn't good enough)

I wonder how busted it would be if he was able to summon Trait while he was airborne?

I mean, why the hell not?
You HAVE to give him something, but apparently balancing Brainiac is like diffusing a bomb.

I really want to keep up with this character, but we need some light at the end of the tunnel.
I picked up this character with optimism. Now, I'm a broken man. :(

For real, WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

There is no excuse for him to be this bad. There's not a single thing in his kit that warrants so much suck.

They really need to fix him up. Scarecrow randomly got a wakeup attack, why couldn't Brainiac get AT LEAST that?

Good thing he's not my main. I picked him up because he looked cool, his moves looked cool and he's voiced by Jeffrey fucking Combs. That's a whole bunch of hours of my life I'm never getting back.

But forget that, let's buff Black Adam or Aquaman or some other stupid faceroll character that anybody with literally half a brain can pick up in 10 seconds.
The light at the end of the tunnel?Bunch of hours?! It has been weeks that I have been trying stuff just to find something good. And you know what?! I did better against people with a 20 minute deadshot))))) I played a little batman in inj1, so I messed with him for couple of hours and was like: why the F try to find that light in this damn tunnel, if I you get like 20 different guaranteed set ups off anything batman does... And and and... And trying to find a use for Brainiac's trait? Why? If Batmans trait literally does everything for you.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
It is all timing, d3 has 26 frames of hit advantage ( I think a bit more if done on the airborne opponent), anything with the same hit advantage or more works for the corner set up. B23 has 40 frames of hit advantage so it works very well in the corner although it isn't a hard knockdown, Dox drill has 27 frames of hit advantage (even more on the airborne opponent) so it definitely works). F23 HKD has 22 frames of hit advantage so it isn't good enough)
k, cuz i try to do the dash forward into jump, and when i do it brainy gets waaay to high, especially when i try the d3 setup midscreen, am i just doing d3 too late?

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Just seen PL play this character, and he primarily just punished and AA with ia divekick. Am i right? Which i can totally get behind that style.

Btw does PL play darksied? I feel like that better suits his playstyle

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The height where your d3 connects does change the hit advantage but I have been doing it off the d3 on grounded opponent
Your tech seems easier on larger characters, do you have any issue landing it on smaller characters?

well i can do it fine off of b23, so im not sure what the issue is :/, you have to dash forward correct?
Yes, just like in my videos. Again the issue is that you have to do it quicker off the d3 cause they lay on the ground for only 26 frames as opposed to the 40 frames of the b23's hit advantage.