What's new

Brainiac Combo Thread

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
The Brainiac community on this site is amazing. He's easily the worst character in the game imo and there's less complaining in here than in the Black Adam general discussion.
You think he's that bad? I think he feels pretty good. And ending combos with a slightly delayed beta drop coupled with a little air trickery is at least a little hard to block. He's got some fun footsie play on the ground, especially vs those who lack there.

I've played beetle, cold, and Braniac since launch. Only really clicked with Braniac.

The Brainiac community on this site is amazing. He's easily the worst character in the game imo and there's less complaining in here than in the Black Adam general discussion.
Completely agree with you) the only people I do well against are those who have no idea about his frames and the MU in general.

I think some of his boss version/gear abilities should become part of his actual arsenal. the move where the purple beam shines down would help him a lot.

Kroaken

I think some of his boss version/gear abilities should become part of his actual arsenal. the move where the purple beam shines down would help him a lot.
Lol I think that'd be a little overkill.

IF he needs buffs, I'd like to keep trait on blocking an attack. Maybe a little bit better frame data on 12u2.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I feel like I'm the only person who thinks he's really strong. But the tricky thing with him that I can't upplay or deny is it's so hard to get in the driver seat with him. When he's in control he feels so fluid and dynamic, but establishing that control requires a lot of hard reads and conditioning - creating the conditioning is the hard part because you have to beat your opponents ground game into submission... abuse his divekicks and mb.tackle, etc. to create the respect needed to open up his gameplan. It's really hard to get the ball rolling if the opponent is highly active or stubborn and you misread when or if they'll hesitate.

I'm still ass with him and trying really hard to sort out how to win with him - and it doesn't help that he's one of the hardest character (IMO) to execute with. So many barriers, but the theory fighter in me is so confident that even without adjustment he's going to surprise a lot of people in the right hands. My clumsy hands aren't those hands unfortunately, lol.

Kroaken

I feel like I'm the only person who thinks he's really strong. But the tricky thing with him that I can't upplay or deny is it's so hard to get in the driver seat with him. When he's in control he feels so fluid and dynamic, but establishing that control requires a lot of hard reads and conditioning - creating the conditioning is the hard part because you have to beat your opponents ground game into submission... abuse his divekicks and mb.tackle, etc. to create the respect needed to open up his gameplan. It's really hard to get the ball rolling if the opponent is highly active or stubborn and you misread when or if they'll hesitate.

I'm still ass with him and trying really hard to sort out how to win with him - and it doesn't help that he's one of the hardest character (IMO) to execute with. So many barriers, but the theory fighter in me is so confident that even without adjustment he's going to surprise a lot of people in the right hands. My clumsy hands aren't those hands unfortunately, lol.
Im with ya bud.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Lol I think that'd be a little overkill.

IF he needs buffs, I'd like to keep trait on blocking an attack. Maybe a little bit better frame data on 12u2.
the Ion cannon would NOT be overkill at all, its basically a slower version of quan chi's rune, you can meterburn it to combo or on block it pushes enemies back, but it can easily be forward dashed. No problem with this move becoming part of his kit whatsoever.

also, heres a good combo off his f1 in the corner, makes for good damage between this and his divekick.

f1~dfMB, 3~charge, d2~Drone, 12~df2 or Beta Bomb.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I'd like to see how well he'd proggress with Destruction Orb as a standard special, maybe with some adjustments to hit/block stun. His base character can stay the same.

I think Destruction Orb would give him a way to initiate some sort of offense, without completely changing him too much.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Ion cannon and destruction orb would be amazing, as well as his other moves, and none of them really break the character like some gear moves out there do.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Dive kick mb, B3 bf3 23(1+2)
Thanks man. I saw a recent video and
Dive kick MB, B3, BF3, 12xxDB2 nets 39% and leaves you sweep distance. Think I'll be using that one for now.

What's optimal off of his 12u2 launcher string? Is that thing useful as a punish?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
+Saboteur-6 12U2 is your go to punish for most super punishable stuff, though you'll have to settle for less damage or bounce cancel for other punishes that require longer range.

I think his optimal midscreen damage with DF1 without MB divekick or some swag trait combo from 12U2 is, 12U2, D2~BF3, 12~DF1. Look for that nice moment where their legs are high in the air for the 12~DF1. That said, against some smaller hit box characters you might just want to do 12U2, 12U2, 12DF1 like +Batdaddy08 said or 12U2, D2~BF3, 212 or 21~BF3.

But you can also bounce cancel using B2 and Standing 3 using F3 for beefy damage. So something like 3~FFMB, 3~BF3, 3~BF3. This is good to know for stuff that standing 1 won't punish with the range it has.

Note that DF1 has a lot more advantage on hit then BF3 and is a hard knockdown, though won't leave you as close midscreen.

Also you can punish some stuff with divekick, which is good if you want that full combo damage with meter.

Kroaken

It depends on what you mean by optimal.

12u2, D2xxbf3, 12xxdf1 (dox drill) is optimal meterless.

But I replace the dox drill with his down+trait for a hard to blockable. I consider that optimal because it maintains pressure where as dox drill sends them away - usually suboptimal for brainiac.

Thanks man. I saw a recent video and
Dive kick MB, B3, BF3, 12xxDB2 nets 39% and leaves you sweep distance. Think I'll be using that one for now.

What's optimal off of his 12u2 launcher string? Is that thing useful as a punish?
bf3 switches sides, and then 23 throw switches again to help corner carry, i only do 23 + something else if the positioning requires it

sometimes i do 23 4, and hold it a second then divekick and release 4 in way that makes my divekick safe, or do d4 and do air grapple shenanigans

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
New Brainiac Trait combo from bf3 trait AND from divekick into trait, you can d2 into bf3 and then 3 into ender.

Not really new though, I've just forgotten to post about it.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I was looking into ways to use trait to restock your trait mid combo, the idea being to give you more options on oki while resetting the timer. A lot of stuff was just stupidly hard but I found a decent corner MB Dive Kick combo if you have a Beta Bomb delayed. Nothing special but might be worth it in some situations, and it looks cool.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone's commented on it, but it seems like Beta Bomb summon is very slightly slower then Beta Strike summon.

Kroaken

@Marinjuana sorry I've been busy so I hadn't gotten a chance to respond. But, as embarrassing as it is, you're right. Somehow I got it in my head that air trait was a low.

I now have a #1 wish for brainiac buffs lol.