What's new

Tech Brad and Cage's Lobo Safe Jump Guide

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I recently picked up Lobo because I feel like too much of a scumbag only playing Aquaman. And have made some ridiculously dirty tech with the help of @Cage Redfield. We posted a thread about this a couple days ago but since then have improved it so much that the other thread is irrelevant.
Most of these safe jumps will stuff the wake up completely and grant you a full combo so this set up is very dirty.

Okay so there are 3 different safe jumps that Cage and I have discovered with an extra not-so-safe jump after trait load that can be comboed. These set ups are character specific and it's going to take some memorization but I cannot stress how game changing these safe jumps/meaties are for Lobo. Jump normal depends on the character and the set up so please check the chart below for details. Save this guide on your phone and look it up before a match for maximum performance.

Certain safe jumps/meaties only work against certain characters which is why it's good that Lobo has so many options.

Major props to FRQ @Sajam for the video

1. Do your normal bnb and end with a hook charge and instant jump forward normal.

2. Combo into low hook, or just raw low hook and instant jump forward normal.

3. Combo into mid shot for unclashable instant jump forward normal.

4. End your normal bnb in 21 trait load and instant jump forward normal. (this one can be tech rolled)

Any one of these options can turn into meaties by changing the instant jump forward normal into a dash forward stand 2, b1, or stand 3.
(meaties only work on non-invincible wake ups)

Please note that these options cover EVERY wake up
List for option 1/4

Aquaman: 1,3
Ares: Teleport
Bane: 1 beats everything unvenomed.
Batgirl: 1
Batman: 2
Black Adam: dash forward nj 1
Catwoman: 2
Cyborg: 2
Doomsday: No option that beats everything (air grab)
Deathstroke: No option that beats everything
Flash: 1,2
Green Arrow: dash up nj 2
Green Lantern: 1
Grundy: dash up and b1 xx hook charge (mb on reaction to WC)
Harley Quinn: 1,2 (silly slide and tantrum go past you, low hook to punish)
Hawkgirl: 1 (have to do jump 2 in your bnb instead of jump 3)
Joker: 2
Killer Frost: 1 (slide goes past you, punish with low hook)
Lex Luthor: 1 (charge goes past you, punish with low hook)
MMH: 1 (have to do jump 2 in your bnb instead of jump 3)
Nightwing: 1,2
Raven: 1
Scorpion: Teleport
Shazam: Teleport
Sinestro: 2,3
Superman: No option that beats everything. 1 beats everything but rising grab.
Wonder Woman: 1 (you have to do jump 2 in your bnb instead of jump 3)
Zatanna: Teleport
Zod: 2

List for option 2/3
Aquaman: 2
Ares: Teleport
Bane: 1 beats everything unvenomed.
Batgirl: No option that beats everything
Batman: 2
Black Adam: 1
Catwoman: 3 (doesn't beat trait)
Cyborg: 1
Doomsday: No options against everything. (air grab)
Deathstroke: No option that beats everything
Flash: 1,3
Green Arrow: No options
Green Lantern: 1
Grundy: dash up and b1 xx hook charge (mb on reaction to WC)
Harley Quinn: 2 (silly slide and tantrum go past you and reset into neutral)
Hawkgirl: Face dive
Joker: 2
Killer Frost: 2 (slide goes past you and resets into neutral)
Lex Luthor:
MMH: 1
Nightwing: 2
Raven: 1
Scorpion: Teleport
Shazam: Teleport
Sinestro: 1
Superman: 1
Wonder Woman: 1
Zatanna: Teleport
Zod: 1

@STORMS @AK/RM GamerBlake @AK Smarrgasm @CrimsonShadow

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be adding in a list of which backdashes get stuffed for attempting that on wakeup or doing wakeup D2's (which is stupid, but hey, better safe than sorry) as soon as I'm finished testing more stuffs. I'll also lock and move the other thread since this is the same setup but with more dirt added onto it. Shoutouts to people picking up Lobo and actually finding useful tech, something the Lobo forum would probably never do, considering the fact that there's like 3 people that frequent his sub-section. Big shoutout to @Sajam for dealing with me and Brad yelling at him to record this setup in the morning, you da best!

I'll be adding in a list of which backdashes get stuffed for attempting that on wakeup or doing wakeup D2's (which is stupid, but hey, better safe than sorry) as soon as I'm finished testing more stuffs. I'll also lock and move the other thread since this is the same setup but with more dirt added onto it.
Here is said list:

Superman: D2 loses, he can backdash, but he can't trip guard with F23.

Black Adam: D2 can anti-air but the timing is strict. He can backdash out as well

Flash: D2 trades with deep J2 or J3, he can backdash out.

NW: Escrima D2 is too slow and gets beaten, can backdash out. Staff D2 can trade, but like Bladam, it's a pain in the ass to time it.
Can't backdash out.

Batman: J3 beats his D2 clean, can backdash out

Lobo: Can't anti-air at all, can backddash out.

Joker: J3 beats D2, can backdash out.

Harley: can't D2 or backdash without getting hit by J1

Grundy: lolD2/To The Grave/Walking Corpse Cancel

Cyborg: D2 gets beaten out by J1, same with backdash.

Green Arrow: See Cyborg and Harley

Zod: D2 gets punished, can backdash out

Lex: can't D2, can backdash

Catwoman: see Harley or Cyborg

DS: J3 beats his D2, but J1 beats his backdash

Raven: D2 too slow, can backdash

Aquaman: see DS

Wowo: She can D3 under anything that isn't facedive, so the best you can get is whiff punishing the D3 with d1 xx special. D2 is too
slow in Lasso, can backdash and pressure with b1 n stuff. In Shield, D2 and Backdash are freed up by J1.

Zatanna: See Harley, but it doesn't matter since lolteleport

Scorpion: See Zatanna

Ares: See Zatanna

KF: D2 is too slow, but can backdash out

DD: D2 is too slow, can't backdash, but air snatch/supernova beat you so whatever

Hawkgirl: D2 too slow, Wing Evade and normal backdash get stuffed but you only get standing 3 after connecting j1

Shazam: J3 beats his D2, can backdash and also teleport out

GL: D2 gets beat by J1, but can (surprisingly enough) backdash out

Batgirl: d2 is too slow and j1 beats it, her backdash gets beaten by J1

Sinestro: D2 gets beat out by J1, but can backdash out

Bane: D2 gets beat out by J3, but he can armor/backdash out

i can't test manhunter, so Brad will have to later

yes! this is awesome, i have messed with the jump normal setups myself but only figured out very specific things like how to beat MMH psionic push off of low hook. Lobo can be so dirty if you know what you need to do to each character and your execution is on point

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
The Party Crasher will alter the timing and trajectory of your jump in, I'm curious if it will bypass any wakeups that none of lobo's jump normals will work on.
Awesome stuff. This looks very good in some matchups.

The Party Crasher will alter the timing and trajectory of your jump in, I'm curious if it will bypass any wakeups that none of lobo's jump normals will work on.
Awesome stuff. This looks very good in some matchups.
I've tested and the only things it changes is stuffing mace charge from 21 xx load, and crushing wowo's D3.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
pretty cool, but serious question, why did you show it with kinda shitty wakeups for that situation? the rising grab is the only one to me that makes sense to use in that situation but its kinda poop to begin with.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Arent most the jump ins on this gonna be negative on block? As a DD player im watching this and thinking, "ok block the jump in and d1 es." Does lobo have a fast enough normal to answer that?

Arent most the jump ins on this gonna be negative on block? As a DD player im watching this and thinking, "ok block the jump in and d1 es." Does lobo have a fast enough normal to answer that?
Lobo gets a guaranteed B1 from his J1, and that can lead into either: b12 xx mb b3 for full combo or canceling the b1 into either hook charge or low shot for a 50/50. But since you're Doomsday, Supernova and Air Grab beat the jump clean, Lobo would have to meaty your wakeup with something else. If you use Up Venom, Lobo avoids it with his J1 since it alters his hurtbox, lands, and punishes with Low hook, putting you in the same situation again. But yeah, against Doomsday, it's wiser to meaty his bad wakeups instead of getting anti-aired by them.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Against Doomsday, who has no real wake ups, it's a better situation to opt out for the meaty he gets after all these set ups. (dash forward stand 2) Which still ends up being a conformable 50/50 into the same set-up.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Lobo gets a guaranteed B1 from his J1, and that can lead into either: b12 xx mb b3 for full combo or canceling the b1 into either hook charge or low shot for a 50/50. But since you're Doomsday, Supernova and Air Grab beat the jump clean, Lobo would have to meaty your wakeup with something else. If you use Up Venom, Lobo avoids it with his J1 since it alters his hurtbox, lands, and punishes with Low hook, putting you in the same situation again. But yeah, against Doomsday, it's wiser to meaty his bad wakeups instead of getting anti-aired by them.
Thats a pretty nasty setup. I didnt know his
jump 1 had that many active frames...crazy shit

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Against Doomsday, who has no real wake ups, it's a better situation to opt out for the meaty he gets after all these set ups. (dash forward stand 2) Which still ends up being a conformable 50/50 into the same set-up.
Are you done with DD? I want that write up you promised if you are lol.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This safe jump guide rules. This is something I wanted to do eventually but I kind of dropped off the planet there for awhile. Glad I didn't have to do any work for this one! lol Thanks for your time on this one guys.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
@Cage Redfield @SonicBoomBrad

Hey, in these lists... for the characters like doomsday and teleporters.... where we don't have an option that beats everything... do we have options that beat almost everything? For instance, with doomsday you have air grab as the one move that can't be beat by jumping normals... but what about options that cover 50%-80% of his other wakeup options, etc? It might be cool to have a full list of these things, with exceptions instead of not listing anything when there's one wakeup that can't be beaten. Naw mean?

@Cage Redfield @SonicBoomBrad

Hey, in these lists... for the characters like doomsday and teleporters.... where we don't have an option that beats everything... do we have options that beat almost everything? For instance, with doomsday you have air grab as the one move that can't be beat by jumping normals... but what about options that cover 50%-80% of his other wakeup options, etc? It might be cool to have a full list of these things, with exceptions instead of not listing anything when there's one wakeup that can't be beaten. Naw mean?

Well, if DD were to wake up with Up Venom, you can do Jump 1 to avoid it and whiff punish with low hook and resume the knockdown pressure on him. But nothing is stopping DD from waking up with either Supernova or Air Snatch. And as for most Teleporters, if they don't wakeup with teleport, they're most likely getting bodied for not waking up with their invincible wakeup. Zatanna will get bopped if she wakes up with any of her special attacks that aren't one of her 40,000 teleports that leave her at random locations that you can't read and punish like say Shazam.

Basically, if they don't wakeup with their teleport/anti-air throw/move that shits on this free, chances are, they're getting bodied for not using the most sensible wakeup they have.