What's new

BOYCOT; NRS TAKES US FOR GRANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Let me make this very clear. This is no way a reflection of entitlement.

But in a time where you charge 100 dollars for what will ultimately not even be your finished product, you do not get to false advertise and prey on a locked in player base without any repercussions.

This is a company that is so concerned with extracting every cent from its players that it will outright mislead its player base months prior to release.

The overwhelming majority of content creators and active users have asked for a patch to remove the OP stuff in your game.

You refuse to do it. Because of your tournament circuit and you'd rather parade around birthday shoutouts and two invalid employees who suck at playing your game (however nice as they may be) for more advertising.

You killed your prior games because you refuse to patch them. Too little too late. This is taking it to a whole new level. Patch your game already and stop using false advertising in your trailers and promotional materials to sell your product.

Last edited:

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Good riddance. Do not let the door hit you on the way out.
Oh I'm not leaving the community. Sorry bud. The only way to provoke change is an organized boycott.

NRS and WB could be actively lobbying youtube to allow creators to monetize their content but they won't do that either.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
You know threads like these are just gonna make people troll you right?
I don't care. There are other users who would like to boycott as well and have expressed so publicly. The users who want to troll are typically bad at the game and play Scoprionanyway so who gives a shit.

This is about unethical business practices.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
You killed your prior games because you refuse to patch them.
What? They patched the first few games pretty regularly, but people complained about patches and not letting the game breathe. Now, they let the game breathe and everyone and their mother wants a balance patch despite this being their most balanced game out the gate.

Kind of like how people complained about the zoning early on in Inj1 so they gave us MKX, which people complained about rushdown and 50/50's. They gave us Inj2, people complained about zoning early on again, which led us to MK11. Some of ya'll just don't know wtf you want.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Not having custom variations be tournament-legal straight out the gate was a bad move, yeah, but didn't NRS already say that they're planning on changing that in the future?

And as far as patches go, I'm pretty confident that they're well aware of who needs toning down/lifting up. It's just that with CEO literally days away, it might not be the best idea to put out a meta-changing patch for everyone to adapt to.

There's plenty of BS in this game that pisses me off, but I remember Dragon's Fire block infinites in vanilla MKX, and I'd rather fight a HUNDRED Geras' before dealing with shit like that again.

You're over-reacting, so relax, take a break if you need to, eat a Snickers, and just be patient.

Erron Black can fuck right off though

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I don't care. There are other users who would like to boycott as well and have expressed so publicly. The users who want to troll are typically bad at the game and play Scoprionanyway so who gives a shit.

This is about unethical business practices.
Taking time with the balance patches for a game is an "unethical business practice"? Holy shit I've heard it all now lol.

There's nothing unethical going on. Come on. How exactly does Scorpion's teleport (let's be honest, that's what this thread is about) cause you to be scammed out of your money? I'm not even clear about what it is you're calling out here.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Let's be clear again. The whole scandal about custom variations is massively unethical. To charge 100 dollars for what will not even be the complete edition of your product, is unethical. To ask people to pay in advance for this and quasi reward them for it, is unethical. To not support your content creators is unethical.

I don't care about Scoprion's teleport. I don't lose to scorpions. It should be adjusted yes, but it's the state and staleness of the game that matters.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
i dont agree with the approach but youre not really wrong. MK11 was a half finished, false advertised, overpriced, unbalanced game at release. We all bought it because we love the franchise and becuase tournaments. boycotting is a bit much but concerns should be repeated so the devs hear them but nobody will boycott or even really complain because theyre too busy shilling and sucking nrs.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
While I don't like that MK11 has the microtransactions and fix it in post design philosophy of modern triple a games, I will say that you sound like a real baby right now and you should probably find something else you can do in your spare time if you're not having fun

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
i dont agree with the approach but youre not really wrong. MK11 was a half finished, false advertised, overpriced, unbalanced game at release. We all bought it because we love the franchise and becuase tournaments. boycotting is a bit much but concerns should be repeated so the devs hear them but nobody will boycott or even really complain because theyre too busy shilling and sucking nrs.
Yeah that’s the thing, Historically actions speak louder than words. The only way To affect change here would be to have someone with a large platform like sonic, speak out publicly, or a decrease in traffic to their services.

Regardless this needs needs to be emphasized.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Hey @BuffRaiden , here's an opinion:

1. The game in it's current state with the current variation system is more balanced than any fighting game has been in the last decade. I literally play one of the worst characters in the game, and I still don't see that the balance of the game is such a HUGE issue that actions have to be implemented immediately.

2. Your opinion isn't everyone else's. Thinking that your opinion is so important that it warrants a boycott, sounds a hell of a lot like entitlement to me.

Both of these points are my opinions. Opinions are fine.
Trying to create a revolution because you think your opinion is final? Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.