What's new

Box office champ skin

I have been playing MK11 for a while now and I have been trying unlock all of my favorite skins and gear. But I can’t find the box office champ skin for Johnny Cage. I know you can get it on race against time, but thats kinda hard. Does it ever show up in the premium shop?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Do you play on PC? If so, there is a way to unlock it. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Art Lean

Noob
I don't believe they've ever put any Race Against Time skins in the Premium Store, literally the only way to get them is just to be patient and check each week (hell I'm still anxiously awaiting the return of 'La Cienega' Cassie Cage to more closely match my similarly dressed Jaqui sporting 'Double Tap').

That said, in the meantime, you can far more easily unlock the 'New Sensation' skin (has a extra few white elements that were black on 'Box Office Champ' but otherwise identical and exact same colour scheme) from the Towers of Time entitled Family Outing, or the 'Cutting Glass' skin (a few dark green bands that were white on 'New Sensation' and black on 'Box Office Champ', but fundamentally looks like classic MK2 Cage as the green blends very closely with the blue) from the Krypt as a Kollector's trade. It's one of the few classic skins in the game that at least has two REALLY closely coloured alternatives you can use whilst you wait for the one you want.

Hell, I unlocked 'Box Office Champ' years ago, but I actually use 'New Sensation' on my classic Cage as I prefer how it pops more with the extra white.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been trying to unlock the New Sensation skin for a while now but the Family Outing tower never shows up for me. Do you know what time that tower shows up in the ToT or is it just random?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Is it tied to a specific tower?

I got Box office champ a couple days ago in a regular ToT, I just sent my AI Johnny Cage to fight in towers that had "skin/augment/gear" as rewards for the selected character. Yeah, it took a while but when I was less expecting it, it showed up!