What's new

Bought a MK3 cabinet

Congrats!!

I see you are in the Atlanta area. I am as well. I bought a dedicated MK2 machine about 6 months ago for an incredible deal. I was going to convert it to UMK3 but got busy. I got so far as buying the board off ebay (which ended up being bad!!!!).

Fixing it up is the fun part so be glad you got an ugly one :eek: I'm still trying to track down a short in the sound in mine.

Post some pics when you get it!

while it has the jamma harnesses and the joystick holes for MK3 (block + run buttons) Im probly gonna strip out everything and set it to the side for the moment. Im sticking a dedicated mame pc into it, and using the x-arcade tankstick I ordered.

Only paid 125, which is less than what I estimated for the materials so I went with that.

Wood is in great condition, arcade cabinet has the jumping johnny cage on one side, the sindel and shao on the other.

Bought a marquee off ebay, moderate condition.

Really excited about my mame machine, though all my anime is on the hard drive in the mame pc... Looks like ill be watching Bleach through a MK machine.

dreemernj

Ambassador
There are a lot of fun things you can do with an arcade cab and a MAME pc. You can get a card to plug an arcade monitor into a computer, and I think adapters for the JAMMA+ Harness to allow you to hook that up to a computer.

Check out ultimarc.com.

That's where I get keyboard controllers.

only 4 more days til its here.

X-arcade stick gets here monday.

Though I am going to be a little delayed on the PC.. Im not putting my gaming rig in there like I was going to.. Gotta put together something quickly.

Whats the minimal processing power I should look for in a pc to SMOOTHLY run MK3 as well as MVC

Unfortunately the wood was rotting out on the cabinet and I just couldnt justify spending the money on it.

I did get the x-arcade stick, and its nice to be able to play all the MK's on a joystick... But its made me realize I still prefer the d-pad over the stick.

At least I let the buzz of the idea of a home cabinet fade before I made the purchase.

Derek

Noob
rzp said:
really? but the commercial of this stick is in everywhere:S and is not too good as the commercial look like?
Seriously, X-Arcade is crap. The SF Anniversary stick is better than it and the push buttons on that thing are garbage.

yeah the stick is pretty much shit :\

Its been unplugged for about a week and a half. Debating selling it.

Kinda unresponsive, and actually relies on keyboard input.. thats kinda lame, I would much rather it register the sticks as axis.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I own two X-Arcade sticks, the Solo and Dual...I have trouble doing simple Ermac TKS with it. I even have new Happ controls in it and still can't do it well.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The last time I went to the Break, both sides for UMK3 were very different in feel, but it was as if I couldn't NOT do the TKS. Anyway I performed it worked.

MK9

Noob
the x arcade quality is great, the cpu board inside is user friendly. now the prob is the shitty dynamo stick they use, worst stick to play mk on. its a sf stick. go to happcontrols.com and order a happ 8-way ultimate stick. this is what came on the cabinets from midway. just unbolt the old one, bolt on the new one, screw the 4 cherry switches on, and ur ready to go. u will hav no prob getting b/d/b to register than.

I hope I'm not too late with this info but the joystick they used was NOT an ultimate. It was a modified competition joystick

from Happcontrols:

"I have some answers for you! :)
Mortal Kombat 3 Joystick is the following p/n: 50-6071-10, Competition
J/S
8W Gold MS, Heavy Spring, Red. The Price on this is $18.05/each."

I dont mean to sound like a moron, but I am not arcade computer savvy. Isnt Jamma the only UMK3 board that had Noob and Rain?

I'd assume there were ONLY Jamma UMK3 boards but none had a playable rain or noob (except for the wavenet version with an unfinished noob). You could FIGHT noob though

Oh ok, yeah the only reason I asked was because someone is advertising Jamma UMK3 boards on Ebay and their screenshots show I guess what is from wavenet, so I just wanted to ask someone who would know. Thanks.