What's new

Boon tweets hinting at Sinestro & Atrocitus, "chances of one of those two is pretty high"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Take it as a grain of salt as both the Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics, Geoff Johns and Ed Boon recently had some back and forth twitter activity that clearly hinted at two characters. While Geoff Johns on twitter was asked to convince Ed Boon to put Sinestro and Atrocitus, who are essentially two other "Lanterns", Ed Boon replied saying, "chances of ONE of those two is pretty high. Maybe both?" As the two joke around, as they obviously both know... this only goes to tell fans that perhaps NetherRealm is itching to release another character soon. With all of the hinting lately... what do you think?
atro.jpg sini.jpg

sini1.jpg

via Ed Boon's twitter

Attachments

Tolkeen

/wrists
My (ill informed) question is how do you keep sinestro from being yellow green lantern?
"well green lantern makes big fists and airplanes, and sinestro makes yellow planes, and bigger yellow fists..."

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
My (ill informed) question is how do you keep sinestro from being yellow green lantern?
"well green lantern makes big fists and airplanes, and sinestro makes yellow planes, and bigger yellow fists..."
Good question. It would have to go deeper than just the powers of the ring, to where that power actually comes from. Do you know anything about the red lanterns or what makes them stand out?

Tolkeen

/wrists
Good question. It would have to go deeper than just the powers of the ring, to where that power actually comes from. Do you know anything about the red lanterns or what makes them stand out?
not at all, lol hence the "ill informed" part :)

sinestro could use tentacles, spiders. dunno creepy stuff.

atrocitus uses his super strength and spits blood that is like lava. he doesn't use constructs that much like the other lanterns

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I wish I was well read in comics or followed them in the slightest - this must be a very exciting time for a lot of people. I remember following MK-9 development religiously and getting excited over stuff like this. I'll definitely be picking up the game, though. I'm actually glad they've included a story mode + comic book to help fill people like me in.

Enjoy this :)