What's new

Boon hints at Darkseid, Dr. Fate, Poison Ivy & Firestorm - there's a "chance"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As we walk further in to our Injustice 2 "Severe News Drought", there are a few things to pull from twitterverse. We all know that Boon must get hundreds if not thousands of character request tweets and those he picks and chooses to reply to... sometimes we can't help but dissect.

With this being said, Boon has made a few tweets hinting at a few characters including Darkseid. Darkseid is a fan-favorite. He was in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe as well as Injustice: Gods Among Us. However, is IGAU he was only part of a stage transition. Boon also mentions Dr. Fate along with recent tweets involving Poison Ivy and Firestorm. See below:

ds.png

Another hint is for Dr. Fate, who is assumed to already be confirmed, yet we have not gotten the official announcement yet.
drf.png

NEWEST TWEETS FROM TONIGHT:

poison.png

fire.png

Source: https://twitter.com/noobde

Attachments

I've never used a female character before in any fighting game, but if Poison Ivy will appear in Injustice 2 I'll definetly use her :)

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
Darkseid would be awesome. I plan for him to be my secondary. He'll be my primary if my boy Doomsday doesn't return.

Lokheit

Noob
Poison Ivy name dropped along serious hints for almost confirmed characters? It looks like Ed wants to convince me to buy a DC game after all...

Lokheit

Noob
of course there's a chance: They're DC Characters so, there's a chance.

Just like Detective Chimp has a chance.
Well, some of his other tweets specifically said that there was no chance of certain characters. Doctor Fate is semi-confirmed as he was in the t-shirt IIRC so going out of the way to address those names puts them closer to the roster than non mentioned ones.

Lokheit

Noob
Did he say that Doomsday has no chance? Has he even mentioned Doomsday in any of his tweets?
https://twitter.com/noobde I'm not sure if he said something about Doomsday, most of the deconfirms are "goof" characters (Wonder Twins, Freakazoid, Lego Batman) but he deconfirmed basically twice Space Ghost and put Buster Gold on the "goofball characters" section.

He also basically confirmed we're seeing godspeed Flash gear.

Darkseid seems like the perfect end villain. I'm hoping for both a CPU boss version for story mode and a playable version. Out of all these characters I have the most hype for Poison Ivy though.

Last edited: