What's new

Boon confirms “something else” in the oven

In his new interview, when talking about MK and Injustice, he did mention that they have something else in the oven. Unless it could be an MK adventure spinoff then it sounds like it may be an entirely new property

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I do not know who started that rumour.. but it is awesome and I wish it was real.
I just assumed it stated with the thread on this site and people keep liking the idea enough to keep bringing it up (https://testyourmight.com/threads/he-man-the-masters-of-the-universe-as-the-next-nrs-fighting-game-not-confirmed.66931/ )

I had a couple Heman action figures growing up, but it wasn't ever something I looked back on as a kid. I don't have a nostalgic twinge or need for the franchise, but after seeing the gritty artwork and thinking about it, yeah. I'm totally sold on it being a good idea. Maybe a great one.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I really hope it ISN'T something like a horror fighting game, or TMNT game, or Masters of the Universe, or any of these things I've seen people recommend. Really don't want to see NRS turn to doing nothing but 80s/90s nostalgia-baiting. I know that's going to make some people mad, but I really think NRS should either stick with what they are good at (MK/Injustice) or really explore what their studio is capable of by doing new things.

An action adventure game that takes place in the world of MK? A completely new IP and vision by NRS? Those things sound good to me.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I hope it’s something that isn’t a straight fighting game.

I really want more diverse MK games, this series has so much potential with its lore, but it all being mostly locked behind a fighting game really limits its growth as a franchise.

You’d think after Shaolin Monks they would have learned that they can step out of their mold and still be successful.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I just assumed it stated with the thread on this site and people keep liking the idea enough to keep bringing it up (https://testyourmight.com/threads/he-man-the-masters-of-the-universe-as-the-next-nrs-fighting-game-not-confirmed.66931/ )

I had a couple Heman action figures growing up, but it wasn't ever something I looked back on as a kid. I don't have a nostalgic twinge or need for the franchise, but after seeing the gritty artwork and thinking about it, yeah. I'm totally sold on it being a good idea. Maybe a great one.
Thanks for the shout-out

Really hope its not the WWE wrestling game that the leak mentioned. Not sure if thats been deconfirmed already. But I have absolutely zero interest in a professional wrestling game, even if NRS made it good.
The “leaker” that mentioned that wrestling game got everything wrong about his bullshit leak. He even said they scrapped additional story content which we now know isn’t true. So I doubt it.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
hmmm ..... heard this same story and speech pattern when MKX was active yet, and ended up , the "stuff cooking up" they said, to be .... Injustice 2, so, don't believe is something different but Injustice 3 to come up, the official announcement , in 2021 .... to be released in 2022 :D

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Really hope its not the WWE wrestling game that the leak mentioned. Not sure if thats been deconfirmed already. But I have absolutely zero interest in a professional wrestling game, even if NRS made it good.
Except if they include Hulk Hogan, that'd make it irresistible.

DeftMonk

Noob
Honestly if it’s that crazy ass wwe with aliens fighting game... prob will never buy nrs title again. I love mk and even got super into injustice but various things about mk11 and aftermath’s price tag just make me feel like nrs is in a blizzard state of affairs. Dumping out crap and lying in marketing while charging top dollar because they can.

If it’s injustice 3 I’ll preorder tomorrow. If it’s wwe summerslam ufo edition... gtfo.