What's new

BodyCountFighting - Grudge Match - Marine (Flash) vs DJA Homies (Swamp Thing)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Thread needs twitter screen shots of the fight for added salt!

Jynks

good set... only thing is I feel that Homeies (swamp thing?) player doesn't use the character power enough. Those flower beds should be out all the time, like as soon as you get the ability pop it every time, instantly. Also, and I know this is hard.. but he needs to work on his spacing. There was so many vine grab wiffs, especially form long range. Just slightly different spacing would have put so much more damage on Flash.

Still, really awesome showing of Swampy.

Also, Swamp Thing is under heavy downplay. He is NO WHERE NEAR tas bad as scrubs say and I expect we will start to see him turn up in top 16s and stuff more and more.

D. R.

Noob
good set... only thing is I feel that Homeies (swamp thing?) player doesn't use the character power enough. Those flower beds should be out all the time, like as soon as you get the ability pop it every time, instantly. Also, and I know this is hard.. but he needs to work on his spacing. There was so many vine grab wiffs, especially form long range. Just slightly different spacing would have put so much more damage on Flash.

Also, Swamp Thing is under heavy downplay. He is NO WHERE NEAR tas bad as scrubs say and I expect we will start to see him turn up in top 16s and stuff more and more.
LMAO Shut your dumbass up. You literally have no clue how Swamp Thing plays just by reading your post, like AT ALL. Stick to crying about tournament results being spoiled for you.

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.

Wat

Jynks

I just noticed that there was a lot of wiffs with that vine grab at fill screen, some even at close range. Seams to me that this could be something to look at for improvement? If all those wiffs connected then there would have been a ton of extar damage on the table. The timing for them all was good, but it looked like you were always standing just a tad to far away. So some attention to spacing might help you game.

As for the other thing.. I am starting to feel that trait spam is more effective in the long run than timing it for the "perfect opportunity". Using it and walking back to stop Flash charge is an awesome use for sure, though in general I think popping it as soon as it is available is better in the long run. The trait powers up pretty fast and by simply "painting the ground" constantly you are just removing choices from the other player. Changing they way they play or how they may want to at no real risk to you.

If you do not pop trait at all in the time it would take to pop it and recharge, then isn't that a waste?