What's new

Body Count Fighting Shuts Down in Machinima Closings

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So if you didn't hear the news, Machinima, the company responsible for a good chunk of fan made video game stuff you saw in high school, was bought out and the new owners shut down all the video game related content. Unfortunately for the fans in the FGC, Body Count Fighting was a part of Machinima and also got shuttered as a part of the closings.

As a part of the shutdown, new Machinima has wiped out all of their videos across all of their channels. If you try going to the Body Count Fighting Youtube, you'll see everything is gone. So yeah, that sucks, but there isn't a whole lot that can be done. I'm not sure if there's any old rips from stream thieves still up, but there doesn't seem to be any official way to check out the old archives.

No idea if that crew has plans to continue things on their own, it seems pretty quiet on that front. I only found out about this due to a stray tweet from WonderChef, nobody else seemed to report on it (if they are, Google wasn't helping). While it wasn't the biggest event, it was one of the few places that consistently ran invitational matches from games across the scene, from NRS to anime to Street Fighter. That's a big loss to any scene that needed a little help staying alive during a dry spell and we can only hope they can restart things once the dust settles.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Machinima hasn't been relevant for nearly a decade... and the fact no one even noticed body count closing is a prefect example of why it closed in the first place.

It is always sad to see things close.. but the truth is if the fgc gave a shit, it wouldn't have closed as people would have been watching. It closed and no one cared.. that is pretty much the crux of the problem. It is hard to feel sad about something that was a total failure. They gave it a shot and it didn;t work. it isn't like something is geting cut in its prime and its loss will change things.

I'm more sad about @Mr Aquaman leaving Stream.Me.... I do not know about Echo... but with Possible both of them gone from Stream.me.. we can basically say Kombat Kup and War of The Gods is gone right? That is an actual HUGE loss for the community, imo.

SinkFla

Noob
That's fucking awful. They should at least release all the old content archives. What a slap in the face to all the people who worked hard at doing this and all the players who competed.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Oh well that sucks. Does that mean their MK content is all gone now? Good thing I bought MK Legacy Season 1 and 2. WB needs to get the rights to that shit like they did with the movies and Conquest.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Machinima hasn't been relevant for nearly a decade... and the fact no one even noticed body count closing is a prefect example of why it closed in the first place.

It is always sad to see things close.. but the truth is if the fgc gave a shit, it wouldn't have closed as people would have been watching. It closed and no one cared.. that is pretty much the crux of the problem. It is hard to feel sad about something that was a total failure. They gave it a shot and it didn;t work. it isn't like something is geting cut in its prime and its loss will change things.

I'm more sad about @Mr Aquaman leaving Stream.Me.... I do not know about Echo... but with Possible both of them gone from Stream.me.. we can basically say Kombat Kup and War of The Gods is gone right? That is an actual HUGE loss for the community, imo.
Another news for you guys. Stream.me is down w/o notice. Pig tweeted about this.

Back to Machinima, dunno bout yall, but this wasn't at my vision to look into, because some people didn't advertise the matches or Machinima itself?

I wonder, the fuck is going on lately.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Another news for you guys. Stream.me is down w/o notice. Pig tweeted about this.
the rumor is that they were doxxed & their children and wife’s were threatened too. The entire thing was always a vanity project run at a loss by rich dudes... I guess after they pissed off 8chan and were having pics of their kids coming out of school posted online, and competitions were people would post measuring cups of come placed next to the pic of their wives (like a gross which wife is hotter thing) they just thought fuck it. Then deleted the site. I am not sure how it all started though and all my info is coming from some random uTube surfing of chans run by top stream.me users.. I have no insider knowledge or heard anything official. But yeah... they pissed off 8Chan somehow .. .. . .