What's new

Question - Takeda BnBs not translating online

RainMK9

Noob
I spent a good amount of today in training making sure i could do the BnBs like muscle memory and I got to the point I was getting them down every time so I decided to hop online.

So I played A LOT of games with this random dude and he wasn't great or anything but I could not get my BnB to come out. Well the main one I was trying to get was the (jf1) 44,ENbf1,b21,tele,33,spear or 334 (36-41%). In training I get this every time but online I was getting it every 1 out of 100 times and most times could not even get the first spear to come out

I'm playing on Xbox 1, is release check put back on when you play online or is this a me thing? Any pointers, I'm playing with the dpad.

TheMightyLupus

I'm bad, you're basic.
There's a very good chance that this was due to your connection with the other player. It's the age old problem with fighting games: online and offline are two different experiences

RainMK9

Noob
There's a very good chance that this was due to your connection with the other player. It's the age old problem with fighting games: online and offline are two different experiences
Maybe it is this, hopefully it doesn't happen to often because it was driving me crazy. I played this dude at least 30 times and was getting pissed because I KNOW I know the timing because once I go back to training it is working just fine

Slayhawk84

Yup, still a noob.
Games like DOA2 Ultimate on the original Xbox didn't have the atrocious input lag this game does. GGPO on the PC solved the problem of input lag a long time ago. Why modern fighters still have it, I don't know.

RainMK9

Noob
I am having the same problems. Its really hard adjusting from mk9. I can not get use to the movement of the game yet. Really frustrated.
Glad to hear i'm not the only one. Still seems odd because I had my opportunities but hardly ever capitalized.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I am having the same problems. Its really hard adjusting from mk9. I can not get use to the movement of the game yet. Really frustrated.
Same. I feel streaky as hell. I can be playing a set and 3 games I'm a monster and then a random bad game or two in a row where I make bonehead noob mistakes, then a monster for 3 more games lol.

Has the community can to a consensus on which control options are the best in regards to input short cuts, negative edge and alternate controls? For different combos different things work better. I saw a good YouTube video on gym about this issue and he said turn everything to off but I feel I'm having way more problems than I should

RainMK9

Noob
Has the community can to a consensus on which control options are the best in regards to input short cuts, negative edge and alternate controls? For different combos different things work better. I saw a good YouTube video on gym about this issue and he said turn everything to off but I feel I'm having way more problems than I should
I only have the first one off

edit and the second off but the third one on

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
If it's just game jitters, that can be solved with just play time. It doesn't help that the netcode of the game seems to be pretty bad, so there's that too.