What's new

BnB cheat sheet

Harkonis

Noob
Does anyone have a cheat sheet either list or pic form of 1-2 BnB's per character to easily check when playing Shang? Want to make sure before I waste time making my own.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Does anyone have a cheat sheet either list or pic form of 1-2 BnB's per character to easily check when playing Shang? Want to make sure before I waste time making my own.
I think the biggest advantage to soul steal is access to krushing blows. Maybe learn the easiest 1-2 krushing blow combos with everybody and try to stick to those. Usually the easiest to pull off are punishment requirements.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I think the biggest advantage to soul steal is access to krushing blows. Maybe learn the easiest 1-2 krushing blow combos with everybody and try to stick to those. Usually the easiest to pull off are punishment requirements.
Honestly I think the opposite. KB does half damage of regular KB but he gets 17% damage increase on combos so it levels it out.
I think its more in shangs favor to do normal optimal BnB's which has more damage a 32% does 39% with damage boost.
If you end the round with Soulsteal and then Soulsteal again it stacks making it 33.33333% damage increase changing that 32% combo into 48% combo.
This was all tested with Shang vs Shang.

So I think its very essential to have at least a combo with every starter/wiff punisher/stagger with every character midscreen, corner and even a side switch BnB or two if you plan on Soulstealing in any matchup. Its also important to note that he has very strong frametraps with his + on block strings into soulsteal that after gaining respect from conditioning them opens up several doors on his plus strings. He also gets strong long range punishers using Soulsteal and Ground Skulls.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Honestly I think the opposite. KB does half damage of regular KB but he gets 17% damage increase on combos so it levels it out.
I think its more in shangs favor to do normal optimal BnB's which has more damage a 32% does 39% with damage boost.
If you end the round with Soulsteal and then Soulsteal again it stacks making it 33.33333% damage increase changing that 32% combo into 48% combo.

So I think its very essential to have at least a combo with every starter/wiff punisher/stagger with every character midscreen, corner and even a side switch BnB or two if you plan on Soulstealing in any matchup. Its also important to note that he has very strong frametraps with his + on block strings into soulsteal that after gaining respect from conditioning them opens up several doors on his plus strings. He also gets strong long range punishers using Soulsteal and Ground Skulls.
I didn’t know about the KB damage reduction. Just picked him up this week. Thanks for the info

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I didn’t know about the KB damage reduction. Just picked him up this week. Thanks for the info
No problem man. Try getting that stacked soulsteal in match it makes every character have Baraka damage which is insanely good. Well for the 6seconds you have but none the less its still good tech found on here by another member.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Food for thought: Not every BNB is possible with the 6 second limit, especially if you don't immediately hit them with it as they are getting up from Soul Steal. Don't do restands where you will just immediately morph back and get minus frames, be prepared to end for damage instead of restand. It's also worth noting that most setup specials disappear after Shang morphs back.

You also really want to get good at pressuring from the Soul Steal knockdown, knowing what you can do at different ranges so that you can capitalize on that great offensive situation for Shang. And you want to have a solid neutral plan ready, remember that you will win traditional projectile trades because you have the 20% buff. Right after Soul Steal, your risk is the lowest and the reward is the highest, and the opposite as your morph timer runs down. So risk/reward on mixups and neutral is constantly changing as you are morphed, and you'll want to play lamer and safer after you mix your initial few seconds where real combos are possible.

It isn’t 17%, it is a 20% damage buff. And when stacked it becomes a 44% buff. It is easier to see doing a throw, since in most combos the buff wears off before the combo is over. Normal throw does 14%. Morphed Shang’s throw does 16,8% if the buff is active through the whole animation. When the buff is stacked between the rounds you get 20,16% for a throw if both buffs are active through the whole animation of the throw. 14+14x0.2=16.8, 14+14x0.44=20.16