What's new

Blue Beetle - Wake-up Reversal Cross-up Tech

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
1. Make sure to test your setups against tech roll, most high level opponents will tech roll whenever they can.
2. Yo the restand at the end? Noice lol

1. Make sure to test your setups against tech roll, most high level opponents will tech roll whenever they can.
2. Yo the restand at the end? Noice lol
This is mainly anti wake-up tech, definitely not fool proof... you can delay wake up to get out, and I'm sure a tech roll will mess it up, but if used appropriately on a read it can be very useful.

Wow, wouldn't it be so great if you could set AI to block left or block right (and not invert inputs on cross up)

ON a more serious note. 33 (and i guess b13) are known to have cross up properties. but timing can be tight depending on the set up/delayed wake ups. The other down sides are your opponent could just hold down to block. and the 3 part of the string is unsafe/punishable/has a gap.

I personally prefer jumping over into backwards fc (you can even whiff a j2 for style points before the fc)..... from fc, dTHEN2 to land on the outside of the corner/go into combo. i go into 13 fc as its good blockstring/corner combo starter.

or (after kd) 13 backwards fc, then you can falling 2 on them. Its ambiguous enough that I confuse myself some times. And prefer to follow up with 21 (and hit confirm into a special off of that, or frame trap into d1 bf3)

Last edited: