Blue Beetle - Wake-up Reversal Cross-up Tech

Discussion in 'Blue Beetle' started by SyntaxPoint, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Just a little corner set-up I stumbled upon. Very ambiguous cross-up that reverses wake up. Can lead to multiple different situations to keep your opponent guessing, plus requires little to no resources. Definitely adding this to my game.

2. just_2swift

just_2swift Coolest of Digimon

Ya slipping brah

3. Youphemism

Youphemism Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

1. Make sure to test your setups against tech roll, most high level opponents will tech roll whenever they can.
    2. Yo the restand at the end? Noice lol

4. buyacushun

buyacushun Normalize grab immunity.

PSN:
    buyacushun
    Steam:
    COLOR MONEY
    Did you try blocking it yourself to make sure it crosses up?

5. For sure, to get the specials to come out you have to reverse your own inputs.

buyacushun and TurboTaco like this.
  6. This is mainly anti wake-up tech, definitely not fool proof... you can delay wake up to get out, and I'm sure a tech roll will mess it up, but if used appropriately on a read it can be very useful.

7. pfiidud3

pfiidud3 Noob

Wow, wouldn't it be so great if you could set AI to block left or block right (and not invert inputs on cross up)

ON a more serious note. 33 (and i guess b13) are known to have cross up properties. but timing can be tight depending on the set up/delayed wake ups. The other down sides are your opponent could just hold down to block. and the 3 part of the string is unsafe/punishable/has a gap.

I personally prefer jumping over into backwards fc (you can even whiff a j2 for style points before the fc)..... from fc, dTHEN2 to land on the outside of the corner/go into combo. i go into 13 fc as its good blockstring/corner combo starter.

or (after kd) 13 backwards fc, then you can falling 2 on them. Its ambiguous enough that I confuse myself some times. And prefer to follow up with 21 (and hit confirm into a special off of that, or frame trap into d1 bf3)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 2:38 PM
    SyntaxPoint likes this.
  8. HatecraftsWife

HatecraftsWife Day 1 grill

You can just hold down to block mids.