What's new

Question blowing up wakeups with cyrax.

Wigy

There it is...
Hey, just looking to continue leveling up my game so been looking into blowing up wakeups

I've figured out the obvious stuff from reading stuff online here but was wondering if anybody had some good character specific wakeup blowup strategies.

I know in the corner shang and sektor are in big trouble, i've started to figure out stuff with aerial wakeups like jax and sonya, using d4 AA grab or D4 Net.

Main person's whos wakeups im trying to stuff is kitana, i know u can just uppercut/d4 her cutter but that leaves u open to EX fan lift.

Also, what do i do about smoke using smoke away on wakeup

If there is already an extensive list of this stuff can somebody link me would be appreciated.

(just while i have a thread open, has anybody found a good use for u4)

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
With Smoke using Smoke Away you could try and teleport then start some pressure or jump back on read and punch into a string or grab. I haven't tested these but you could give them a shot.

Of course you could always throw a bomb on anyone and that'll set you up with a nice combo. If you suspect they'll jump instead of wakeup then you can AA combo them or do a reset if you can :p

As for Kitanna... If you're in the corner and you're scared of the EX fanlift, when she's knocked down jump over her to the other side it usually makes the opponents buttons reverse, then jump over agin and start some pressure. Also, there's nothing wrong with dashing back and throwing a net out when she's knocked down because if she whiffs that Fan Lift she is at like -50 or something. Now, what I've told you is nothing fantastic, it's not some great tech but if you dash back a couple of times or jump over (which sometimes makes her whiff, depending on the timing) you will condition your opponent to not wakeup every time.

I'm not a Cryax main or a tournement level player though, so take my word with a grain of salt and let me know how any of it works out! :)

Wigy

There it is...
problem with U4 crushing lows, is that it misses the lowered hitboxes of poking animations.

Also, i'd never dash back on kitana, its pretty react-able and closing the gap on kitana is hell.

if i teleported smoke on his smoke away wakeup i think thats not worth the risk. I'm risking a full punish teleport for like 30% minimum for a bit of pressure.

Not looking for fullproof shit but viable to add to arsenal.

Like d4 AA basically blows up all jaxes shit except ex OHS.

Best anti wakeup i have atm is leaving people in a hanging net, teleport then jump over into DJK, it times it so that the kick lands just as they touch the ground, so you either get djk into 121 buzzsaw for chip etc or 12-net if the djk lands or just fake the djk and go for a command grab

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Can't you just AA towards Smoke and punish smoke away with 12 if you think he is going to wake up with that?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
problem with U4 crushing lows, is that it misses the lowered hitboxes of poking animations.

Also, i'd never dash back on kitana, its pretty react-able and closing the gap on kitana is hell.

if i teleported smoke on his smoke away wakeup i think thats not worth the risk. I'm risking a full punish teleport for like 30% minimum for a bit of pressure.

Not looking for fullproof shit but viable to add to arsenal.

Like d4 AA basically blows up all jaxes shit except ex OHS.

Best anti wakeup i have atm is leaving people in a hanging net, teleport then jump over into DJK, it times it so that the kick lands just as they touch the ground, so you either get djk into 121 buzzsaw for chip etc or 12-net if the djk lands or just fake the djk and go for a command grab
You can also just time a jp 334 which jails into + frames