What's new

General/Other - Blood God Blood for the Blood God! (Variant discussion)

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
Greetings.

I have something for you fellow BG players. Some quality footage of me running back in Buttonczech (tournament in czech republic) in an ft3 game. From 0-2 to 3-2.

Enjoy.

Also it was done to none other than Vak Pheonix and his crazy good tanya.

@Edit
Only now do I realise how many times have I fucked up a punish after his EX dust. Overcomitting b1,2,2 instead of going for one b1, and then doing a follow-up. All nerves.

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
All right so a universal anti-air combo is something like b1, b14xxMBdf1, f2, b14xxdf1 at 39%. (What I use, anyway.)
I'm not sure if this is known but MBdf1, f1b2xxdb1, d1, b14xxdf1 is 37% and while situational it seems like a decent damage totem setup.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
All right so a universal anti-air combo is something like b1, b14xxMBdf1, f2, b14xxdf1 at 39%. (What I use, anyway.)
I'm not sure if this is known but MBdf1, f1b2xxdb1, d1, b14xxdf1 is 37% and while situational it seems like a decent damage totem setup.
Nice of you to share. Thanks bro.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Question for the blood god mains: in which matchups do you feel that Blood God is the best choice out of all Kotal variations? I've heard Kitana as a popular choice, but are there any others?

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
@ATP2014, WG gets zoned easily, so BG and SG are good to use in those match ups. SG can also be good if the opponent can easily break WG's armored wake ups, or you can use BG if you want to forego having a wake up for potential defense/damage.

Hello guys, i've been using war god long ago, my mains are Jax,Hqt predator and i want to learn blood god, can someone of u have some free time to tell me what should focus on, i know kothal have sam awesome pokes, advance mid (b1) , hat should i focus on and some mid and corner bnb would be nice :)

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is known, but it's possible to get a totem out after a landed f2 by doing f2, f1b2, totem, then continuing the combo. The tricky part is that the f1b2 switches sides for a split second, so you'll need to input the totem as down-forward instead of down-back in order for it to come out. I'm able to do this very consistently in practice mode against sub zero, however I haven't tested it against the whole cast so I'm not sure if it works on everyone.

The best damage I've found so far from it is f2, f1b2xx df1, s1, b14xx EXdf1, b14 xxdf1 which nets you 45%. Not sure if this is any useful tech but I thought it was pretty neat.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is known, but it's possible to get a totem out after a landed f2 by doing f2, f1b2, totem, then continuing the combo. The tricky part is that the f1b2 switches sides for a split second, so you'll need to input the totem as down-forward instead of down-back in order for it to come out. I'm able to do this very consistently in practice mode against sub zero, however I haven't tested it against the whole cast so I'm not sure if it works on everyone.

The best damage I've found so far from it is f2, f1b2xx df1, s1, b14xx EXdf1, b14 xxdf1 which nets you 45%. Not sure if this is any useful tech but I thought it was pretty neat.
This is known but sharing is always welcomed

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Plus it looks swag =). There are actually a handful of different ones out there with NJP, A2As, etc., but F2 is a really good one.