What's new

Video/Tutorial Blood Ball Escape Punish Compilation

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

This is what you can do against characters who escape blood ball, i think i've tested all the possibilities and possibly left a few characters out because i wasn't so sure.

Anyway, any character with an Anti-Zoning tool will make this tech useless, the others in other hand, will have to block the ball almost everytime, since its only 6% chip damage and a bit of meter building.

Some characters are in a very bad situation because all their wakeups are all in the same direction and skarlet doesn't actually have to wait a correct read simply do the same thing to punish all the wakeups.
Others wakeups are so obvious because some characters will avoid the punishable wakeup to stay safe.

Also the setup used in the video was only to make easier to record, you can do a NJP on any possible combo and get the same frame advantage for this setup, which means 34% damage + zoning position or whatever you decide.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so is the best option to just block it then? or is there another way? what would be a generic way to escape it?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
so is the best option to just block it then? or is there another way? what would be a generic way to escape it?
Just block it, its only 6% chip and a 14.9% of meter build on her, the risks may be too big against someone who reacts to stuffs on a blink of an eye.

I personally wouldn't try anything stupid, the risk of taking free 15% damage if you mess the wakeup, and also think if the opponent will counter your wakeup or not its a lot to process.

Axel_Redd

Just block it, its only 6% chip and a 14.9% of meter build on her, the risks may be too big against someone who reacts to stuffs on a blink of an eye.

I personally wouldn't try anything stupid, the risk of taking free 15% damage if you mess the wakeup, and also think if the opponent will counter your wakeup or not its a lot to process.
Kung lao could probably get out if u he used the wiffed tele-1 trick tho...

Axel_Redd

Maybe, but i'm not so sure if it would

Whiff against Skarlet = High risk of being punished.
his armor from ex tele lasts longer tho if he does it, he can actually start a string and still have his armor....so skarlet might lose her armor before he does...

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I'm stunned. Why is no one testing any tech against Jade's wake-up flash? It blows up almost every anti-wake-up tech I've seen. Who cares about fish-tier anyway.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
his armor from ex tele lasts longer tho if he does it, he can actually start a string and still have his armor....so skarlet might lose her armor before he does...
Armor in this game will always worn out against who does it first during an armor trade.
From what i know, if i'm not mistaken, skarlet and all the DLC characters armor last longer than anyone else that was released on the original cast.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm stunned. Why is no one testing any tech against Jade's wake-up flash? It blows up almost every anti-wake-up tech I've seen. Who cares about fish-tier anyway.
Jade is an anti-zoning character, this will not work on her even if delayed to the limit, the blood ball will just go trough her at the best.

ryublaze

Noob
I might start using this against characters like Sub, Cage, and Sonya. Other characters I prefer to standing reset them. Thanks Eddy.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
finally watched this. good stuff. I was messing with it last night. it will be hard to master this but it could be useful. I want to see it in a match though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
finally watched this. good stuff. I was messing with it last night. it will be hard to master this but it could be useful. I want to see it in a match though.
i'm still seeing the best BnBs for this, so far i have a 34% easy combo, and i will definitely use it on the match, as soon as i can delay it perfect 80% of the time.