What's new

Question - Cryomancer Blockstrings?

Durango

Enhancer
Looking for good ways to keep the opponent locked in without letting them escape or counterattacking you. B12 and F12 are pretty good starters. What do you tend to follow up with?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Cryomancer
Doesn't say so in the title. If you want to apply pressure with blockstrings and trap the opponent with Sub-Zero why don't you use his best variation for that task? Which would be Grandmaster.

Durango

Enhancer
Doesn't say so in the title. If you want to apply pressure with blockstrings and trap the opponent with Sub-Zero why don't you use his best variation for that task? Which would be Grandmaster.
Who said Grandmaster was his best? I don't remember that being a thing. Most popular, but I don't see how it's better per se. Cryo fits my style better.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Don't be a dick.

@Durango I find B12, 24, f33, d3, d4, and s1 to be pretty reliable. Throws are amazing since Cryomancer relies on meter rather strongly.

MC Jihad

Noob
Are you saying like you have someone in a corner and want to keep them there or you have them in a hard knockdown or what.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
f1 2 since its 0 on block, after that its almost always a guess when you condition your opponent

other options mentioned above are decent. but remember, they leave you safe but susceptible to pressure against someone good

i would main the shit out of cryomancer but his meter building game is non existent

MC Jihad

Noob
I still personally prefer cryomancer, it gives me the overhead option with the hammer and cold blooded gives you hella damage off of a b2 anywhere. Also ice clones are lame... just sayin

I'm still Lin Kuei scum.
What are you using now? I am still scrubbing it with cryomancer, have to say though played some games with Kung Lao, Jin, Liu, and scorpion, and Kitana mileena a tiny bit.

Kung Lao is kind of disgusting, Jin has combo for days! Not much defense though. Scorpion holy crap, peeling off crazy combos in ninjitsu and hellfire is so easy. Wow, I mean, they miss one block its guarantee combo city for easy 35% more or less.

Still sticking with sub, he is the man. Really want to try GM and UB more. Just can't let go of cold blood at the end of any combo string.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I pretty much gauge my opponents skill and use different variations as necessary.

If I use Cryo, I'll usually try for f122 and 111 xx ice hammer. The latter is for the chip, but they're both strings players rarely see. Sometimes they don't see it coming.