What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire Blockstring mixup exploration

Student

Noob
Anyone have ideas for my next video? I like making vids but I never know what content to make.
Your videos are pure quality. I think one thing that I'm extremely interested in is option selects and a video from you explaining them would be amazing.

Another idea is, as more of a foundational video, would be the "optimal" BnBs much like you gave me in another thread. Or common mistakes or tips that you mentioned. While that thread will eventually be buried, your videos will be referenced continuously.

Another thing that I think would be interesting would be to do a video that's a synthesis of Hellfire's "gameplan." For example you can talk about his nuetral game, opening people up, etc.

And then of course as a fall back it would be really interesting to see Hellfire's matchups against the more commonly played characters. You could talk about things unique to the matchups that players should be aware of.

These are just some ideas off the top of my head but I'm really hoping that you're enjoying making content on YouTube and that you want to really grow as a content creator because you make good stuff.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Your videos are pure quality. I think one thing that I'm extremely interested in is option selects and a video from you explaining them would be amazing.

Another idea is, as more of a foundational video, would be the "optimal" BnBs much like you gave me in another thread. Or common mistakes or tips that you mentioned. While that thread will eventually be buried, your videos will be referenced continuously.

Another thing that I think would be interesting would be to do a video that's a synthesis of Hellfire's "gameplan." For example you can talk about his nuetral game, opening people up, etc.

And then of course as a fall back it would be really interesting to see Hellfire's matchups against the more commonly played characters. You could talk about things unique to the matchups that players should be aware of.

These are just some ideas off the top of my head but I'm really hoping that you're enjoying making content on YouTube and that you want to really grow as a content creator because you make good stuff.
All great ideas, thanks man. I only get to play every few days, and I get to edit even less, but yeah I really like doing videos.

MAN0

DevilApes
Did not know that 214ex spear connects in neutral ducking, most people I've played anticipate the b32f2 after the 214 string so that will make them think twice. Great video!

I would like to see BnB of scorp and what's the gameplan of hellfire. Also summary of his bad and good MUs to the date. Thank you for your videos. They are invaluable help for those of us who want to delve into scorpion's secrets.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I would like to see BnB of scorp and what's the gameplan of hellfire. Also summary of his bad and good MUs to the date. Thank you for your videos. They are invaluable help for those of us who want to delve into scorpion's secrets.
Yeah you know what? I haven't done a video in a while, maybe I'll try and put something together tonight.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
This is sort of a part 2 to my first blockstring tutorial, which was well-recieved and apparently people wanted more.

It explores possible mixups and extensions from within and after blockstring, and pros and cons of each

Nice video, good block strings and the like for beginners to think about. I like that you used a picture of Inferno Scorpion for the thumbnail, Inferno confirmed master Variation! lol

yeah I noticed that too lol but in the end scorpion is scorpion like sub is sub. Love them both and in the end I will want to master all of their variations.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I know it's been known that you can cancel normals into flame aura to bait counter pokes. I just think that this really compliments his FBC game and gives incentive for the other player not to press buttons. Moves like F3 can be canceled into flame aura to prevent any retaliation besides reversal armor otherwise they eat a combo. This also whiffs if they don't press anything so it's almost completely safe. This opens up F3 FBC which can go into whatever string or normal with the potential to set up the same situation again.

I just used F3 as an example but other strings like 114, D3, D4 and etc canceled into flame aura work well too. I tested a lot of this vs Cassie with reversal flip kick set to on. I also recorded the dummy and tried to d1 out of setups as fast as possible with Scorpions 6 frame D1. Back dashing does escape the flame aura safely but FBC to a string will beat back dashes (obviously taking specific strings and characters back dashes into account).

It seems easier to confirm that a string was canceled into flame aura on strings like 214 because of how early it cancels but I think F3, 114, D3 and D4 are a lot harder to see.

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
This is sort of a part 2 to my first blockstring tutorial, which was well-recieved and apparently people wanted more.

It explores possible mixups and extensions from within and after blockstring, and pros and cons of each

Good stuff dude. It's been a help to get down a solid mixup.
Been going at it for about 4 days and there's some good progress on my end.

Glad I was able to learn Hellfire as Inferno made me want to go bang my head repeatedly against the wall ...
Especially vs high tier characters in good hands.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Another good mix up with hellfire that is a total guess (from what I know so far) is with B121. You can FBC B12 instantly into a throw. With flame aura active this does pretty good damage and is especially good at the end of a combo, you can potentially add on an EX hellfire for more damage. To make them guess you can just finish the b121 string and if it hits you get a guaranteed EX hellfire for pretty good damage. If B121 is blocked you are safe and at a good range.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Hey Trip (and anyone else willing to share their experience with me) do you find it easier to FBC on stick or pad? And what do you guys use? How long did it take you to get me consistent

MAN0

DevilApes
Hey Trip (and anyone else willing to share their experience with me) do you find it easier to FBC on stick or pad? And what do you guys use? How long did it take you to get me consistent
I play on pad and it took me about 2 months to get consistent in real matches with each fbc individually, but for some certain fbc mixups (21xxfbc, b3xxfbc, 214xxfbc without running out of stamina) the pad isn't helping. I decided to switch to hitbox in a couple of months.

I GOT HANDS

I play on pad and it took me about 2 months to get consistent in real matches with each fbc individually, but for some certain fbc mixups (21xxfbc, b3xxfbc, 214xxfbc without running out of stamina) the pad isn't helping. I decided to switch to hitbox in a couple of months.
Ok, so it's alright to be feeling fairly hopeless in the first couple of days? I tried for a couple of hours yesterday on pad and a couple of hours to day on stick, It felt easier on stick, but maybe that was me just applying what I'd learned yesterday.
Regardless, I'm getting (21xxFBC, s4) consistently now, in fact sometimes nailing it so frame perfect that sometimes the s4 whiffs unless I started the combo at point blank range. However, what I'm having trouble wrapping my fingers around is cancelling that S4 into a teleport. I can ge it sometimes just struggling to make it consistent, and I was starting to go Hollow from practicing the shit tonight so I turned it off, disheartened.

MAN0

DevilApes
Ok, so it's alright to be feeling fairly hopeless in the first couple of days? I tried for a couple of hours yesterday on pad and a couple of hours to day on stick, It felt easier on stick, but maybe that was me just applying what I'd learned yesterday.
Regardless, I'm getting (21xxFBC, s4) consistently now, in fact sometimes nailing it so frame perfect that sometimes the s4 whiffs unless I started the combo at point blank range. However, what I'm having trouble wrapping my fingers around is cancelling that S4 into a teleport. I can ge it sometimes just struggling to make it consistent, and I was starting to go Hollow from practicing the shit tonight so I turned it off, disheartened.
Don't get discouraged, you'll get it down eventually it's just a matter of muscle memory. A good way to practice fbc's is to set dummy on block and keep repeating all cancels of your like with infinite stamina, for a fair amount of time each day. Another thing that made it easier for me was to change the block button from R2 to R1.

I GOT HANDS

Don't get discouraged, you'll get it down eventually it's just a matter of muscle memory. A good way to practice fbc's is to set dummy on block and keep repeating all cancels of your like with infinite stamina, for a fair amount of time each day. Another thing that made it easier for me was to change the block button from R2 to R1.
Thanks for the tips! I already got R1 as block when I'm on pad, learnt a fair while ago that it's just much more responsive than R2. I'll definitely do that when I practice the block strings, I had less trouble with them - the FBCs in combos is what I'm struggling with, eg (21xxFBC s4xxTP k B3xxFBC B12). I'll just stick with it I guess.