What's new

Black Manta Stream coming on Friday "Watchtower" @ 3pm CST

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The first addition from Fighter Pack 2, Black Manta, is receiving the usual DLC gameplay overview during an upcoming stream on the usual place at the usual time: http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm at 3pm CST/9pm BST/4pm EST on Friday September 8th!

IMG_20170906_155606.jpg
Tune in to find out how one of Aquaman's deadliest enemies will introduce himself into the world of Injustice 2 this Friday!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope BM (what an unfortunate acronym) counter-picks deadshot 7:3.
This.

Frankly, instead of talking about a character's moves in the abstract, I think character-intro Watchtowers from here on out should address who the character does well and poorly against. Certainly, addressing how Black Manta does against Deadshot should be part of the discussion in light of that recent top 8. How does BM get in, zone, counter-zone, do once he gets up close, all of that? "Hi everyone, here's a really fun and interesting character with deep, but rewarding gameplay... except when you get bodied by Day 1 Deadshot spamming 3:7. Other than that the design is great."

gibster13

A fan of fans
All I want is a neutral god. Missiles as a footsie tool like Ryu's hadouken. No bs rushdown like cheetah. Just solid neutral plz.

Wouldn't mind trait being missile tbh

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
All I want is a neutral god. Missiles as a footsie tool like Ryu's hadouken. No bs rushdown like cheetah. Just solid neutral plz.

Wouldn't mind trait being missile tbh
I'm betting his hover is his trait. Would make sense that it would be trait meter dependent, preventing him from just floating the entire round.

Can't wait to see what this character can do today.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
This.

Frankly, instead of talking about a character's moves in the abstract, I think character-intro Watchtowers from here on out should address who the character does well and poorly against. Certainly, addressing how Black Manta does against Deadshot should be part of the discussion in light of that recent top 8. How does BM get in, zone, counter-zone, do once he gets up close, all of that? "Hi everyone, here's a really fun and interesting character with deep, but rewarding gameplay... except when you get bodied by Day 1 Deadshot spamming 3:7. Other than that the design is great."

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Just finished to watch the stream. Black Manta seems like a really solid mid-range character that has every tool he needs to keep his gameplan going. Really liked what i saw.

Also I'm really excited about the Legendary Gear and the Legendary Multiverse. Yes it's not for the completion-est type of a player who wants to complete everything in the game or at least as much as possible as you need to do so much work just to get the Legendary Gear for a single character, but the reward of getting a Gear that can give you a huge buff in the non-competitive era seems really awesome. I'm gonna get the Sub-Zero, Starfire and Poison Ivy ones, and if Shredder does make it to FP3, I'll get his too. Raiden might be an extra.

Overall excellent job NRS, you delivered again!