What's new

Black Manta Speculation Thread

I'm hype as hell been waiting for him sense I seen the silohoutte of him. I just hope if he does have shoulder cannons like in the trailer that they are dash cancelable

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Dash cancelable shoulder rockets would be great, only if it can make for good, NOT OP dash-cancel pressure. Trade off being the damage. Having a opener that you MUST dash cancel to continue the combo for would be MKX all over again. Some Dragon's Fire B.S. I'm cool with that as long as it isn't OD as hell.

But we all know he's going to be a zoner. Or a wonderful mixture like Supergirl.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
He should be offense heavy to go with Aquaman's more defensive playstyle. I think he should be more versatile like Aquaman rather then being a strict zoner or rushdown.

So like Hish Qu Ten but maybe toned down a bit. Good zoning from full screen, good pressure, poor wakeup, lack luster neutral.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Black Manta will be the TRIBORG of Injustice 2 ....

Rockets like Sektor
Harpoon Spear Like Smoke
MB Beams Trait that launch like cyrax bombs but with lasers some Zod Cyrax hybrid ?

Maybe another Mix up character with zooning and pressure like cap cold but much better of course ..

and for Gears PLS

:DOGE

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
So manta will probably be a vortex character with the harpoon?
And im calling the harpoon to be his trait.
And eye lasers to be an input move
I think the shoulder cannons are gear

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Black Manta will be the TRIBORG of Injustice 2 ....

Rockets like Sektor
Harpoon Spear Like Smoke
MB Beams Trait that launch like cyrax bombs but with lasers some Zod Cyrax hybrid ?
This makes a scary amount of sense.

And with HQT cannons as his Trait like Supergirl and Starfire? Or even chargeable like Cold?

I'd play the fuck outta him.

As a stage transition he has a trident, I wonder if they will give him the trident as one of his weapons. Need dem half screen normals and anti airs)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't think he will be a pure zoner like Fate, he will probably have a good bit of zoning though but definitely will have more. I could see him having a shitty wakeup though. Just from how Black Manta is in the comics, I don't really see him playing like anyone, but maybe HQT Predator is the closest NRS character to what I'm describing, but I'm really hoping he has a lot of depth and complexity like Fate does so I don't get bored with him, like I did everyone else(except Fate).

I'm definitely picking him up. Starfire really got excited to learn new characters and he just looks bad ass. I don't really care what his play style is but I hope it's more of a mix.

Batman under water would be my expectation.

KCJ506

Noob
I wonder if his trait would be him using his jet pack.

I know some people spectacle it will be his eye lasers, but Supergirl uses those for her trait.