What's new

Black Manta Oki Thread "One kut to the right vein is all I need."

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'll keep updating this thread as we find more oki.

In my videos, if I am doing the exact same set up, it means I am doing something different with the opponent like changing wake up, backdashing, or delaying the wake up. So the meaty is the same, because it's a recording. This shows how one timing kan usually kover multiple options.

Proving trickier than I expected.

I'm now trying to see if there's a timing or spacing that beats all his wake ups using Manta Ray since that is a multi-hitting move.

Here is an example of what I have so far. All his regular invincible wakeups get stuffed, but his invincible delayed wake ups beat the meaty.
(Water Shield wasn't shown, but it's the same result as Trident Rush and Trident Scoop.)
Order of examples: Regular Trident Scoop, Regular Trident Rush, Regular Trident Scoop (slight delay but not enough), Delayed Trident Rush, Delayed Trident Scoop, Backdash

Anti Wake Up by @Vigilante24

No modifications to the standard kombos needed. Meaty F21 will beat out regular wake ups and backdash but will lose to a delayed wake up as shown in the following video.
Order of examples: Regular Glyph, Backdash, Delayed Glyph, Delayed Get Up, Delayed Get Up

The following is another example and it shows how you kan get back into the same situation.

This video shows another example. It also shows that you kan also just wiff punish the wake up. This is the safer option. Although, if you go for that, you won't kover the backdash option. Off the typical enders, you kan walk back and wiff punish the Glyph even in the korner.

Slight walk forward into the standing 1 string works, but I am not sure how I have been able to pull it off yet. I've done it more than once, but I am unsure of the timing or spacing.

To do this, after an air harpoon, do a slight walk back and then instant air trait into J4.

Order of examples: Regular Wall, Delayed Wall, Backdash, Delayed Get Up
To do this, after an air harpoon, do a slight walk back and then instant air missile.
To do this, as you kan see in the video, I do a very slight walk forward before the standing 2. If they delay getting up and you do 213, the string is so long that they will have to get up into the string. Otherwise, you kan go into 2D3 for a full kombo.
You kan also walk back and wiff punish his wake up with F3. The first part here shows the meter option, which will go through his wake up even if he meter burns. The second part shows what happens if you accidentally get hit , your damage will reduce. And the last part just shows that it's a wiff punish and you don't actually need meter, but using meter kovers the MB option as well. I didn't walk back in the second example on purpose, but you should,;even if you're afraid of his B1, you still have enough time to walk back, duck, and then react to the wake up.
Off this set up, if your spacing isn't on point, you shouldn't go for the F2 punish as shown.
Otherwise, you kould go for a meterless B1 punish.
I tried regular and delayed wake ups and none of them were stopping the meaty. A well timed D2 was able to beat me, but there is most likely a timing that nullifies that too since it was a tight window to get that D2. You kan also see another time I tried to do a D2 with Superman and failed. The backdash escapes, but if that is all we have to worry about, I am sure we kan bait it.
Anti Wake Up by @Vigilante24

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Woow lol at the Superman one. Now you are really giving me a reason to wanna start using B12 enders.
I think it depends on the character. Some character's wake ups have hitboxes that reach above them.. But it does reverse their wake ups and you kould make it ambiguous as to which side you're going to be on when they wake up, depending on their wake up timing. I still need to explore it more, but I like the traditional harpoon ender for characters where I kan stuff all their regular wake ups.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I think it depends on the character. Some character's wake ups have hitboxes that reach above them.. But it does reverse their wake ups and you kould make it ambiguous as to which side you're going to be on when they wake up, depending on their wake up timing. I still need to explore it more, but I like the traditional harpoon ender for characters where I kan stuff all their regular wake ups.
how does the harpoon ender allow you to stuff all wake ups? missile?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Here are just some ideas I'm messing with.
The missile thing reminds me of the korner missile set up someone posted earlier. I'm wondering how you would set those last two ideas up in regular kombos. The first one looks like a heavy read but it does kover a lot of options and it's pretty universal. It's a general idea with any character, but I often found it wasn't worth it most of the time because of the risk-reward in terms of meter.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
The missile thing reminds me of the korner missile set up someone posted earlier. I'm wondering how you would set those last two ideas up in regular kombos. The first one looks like a heavy read but it does kover a lot of options and it's pretty universal. It's a general idea with any character, but I often found it wasn't worth it most of the time because of the risk-reward in terms of meter.
What missile setup are you talking about? I must've missed it.

How come u don't spell it kharacter