What's new

Black Manta General Discussion "I brought a hook to hang you from."

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Unable to check at the moment, has a listing appeared for a fighter Pack 2 or anything like that? As of last night around 11:30 Eastern when I went to sleep there was only the ultimate pack and the fighter pack. I am going to be enormously upset if I have to buy a $40 pack just to get access to him early, when I have already bought the original fighter pack separately.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
His throw range is poooop

He's gonna be so dependent on having that fuel guage. Can't be wasting it, that's for sure.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Unable to check at the moment, has a listing appeared for a fighter Pack 2 or anything like that? As of last night around 11:30 Eastern when I went to sleep there was only the ultimate pack and the fighter pack. I am going to be enormously upset if I have to buy a $40 pack just to get access to him early, when I have already bought the original fighter pack separately.
Fighter pack 2 became available at midnight for Xbox last night.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Okay so rocket pressure on block is useless and so is any float pressure off of block strings like ermac.

His strings while in float are all mid..

His mb laser is easy to os to punish his regular one..

Second hit of mb teleport is oh but whiffs on ducked opp and can easily be interrupted...

Hmmm...

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Yeah what's up guys -- us east coast players are working rn, so please feed us some info. I'm curious about his specials and trait.

Please share your thoughts.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I mean its way too early to tell if hes good or not but all the theory pressure that people talked about with his rockets and trait is completely unviable..

the f2 string seems very strong though

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Okay so rocket pressure on block is useless and so is any float pressure off of block strings like ermac.

His strings while in float are all mid..

His mb laser is easy to os to punish his regular one..

Second hit of mb teleport is oh but whiffs on ducked opp and can easily be interrupted...

Hmmm...
how do u os his laser exactly?

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
So if you block all of trait, he builds like over a bar(around half or more in trait alone) and does something like 30% chip and gets another short usage of trait to do more chip and build more bar. So it's kinda like Tanya where you'll have to reversal/armor or else you'll fall too far behind, but with Manta you pretty much have to reversal during the first trait that constantly switches sides on you with no tell.

Once I get it down I'll post it if my numbers end up checking out.