What's new

Black Manta General Discussion "I brought a hook to hang you from."

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
i dont think this is going to work you clearly think that those are options even though ive explained to you why they arent. this is just a repeating cycle now and i guess ill have to end it
I mean you didn't address those strings and asked about Batman's d2, which are the strings you'd use over b11u3 if you're going for trait cancel stuff after mb bf1 against him.

I mean you didn't address those strings and asked about Batman's d2, which are the strings you'd use over b11u3 if you're going for trait cancel stuff after mb bf1 against him.
you dont. trait cancel is used to enforce your staggers.
In this game theres something called auto block. almost every string of black mantas can be auto blocked rendering all his staggers useless. HOWEVER, if you know this you can use trait, tele, bf1 all to counter someone trying to autoblock your staggers.

b11u3 is a great string because it lets you develop pressure without having to worry about autoblock because of its gaps. The trade off is most of it leads to being slight negative, if you guys right. (not the way youre thinking I mean b11u3 d2 or trait 2 cancel and then youre minus like 1)

Day 1 impression:

Character has no neutral.

His jump-ins have crap range.

His mids aren't good. They either have no range(stand 2) or are too slow (f+2)

His sweep is probably the worst in the game due to how slow it is.

He gets out zoned all day. Has to rely on yolo teleport to get in.

He doesn't get a lot of +plus frames on any of his knockdowns.

Character is interesting but I think hes going to be low tier.

Reminder to all black mantas that auto block is a thing and its apparent on almost everyone of your strings but you can punish a masher with tele, trait, and bf1. Learn what to do for what staggers and strings gl.

Day 1 impression:

couldnt disagree more

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
after your knockdown with db3 you do some pretty crazy stuff.
Bait wakeup, using trait and mobility you can pretty much whiff punish any wakeup.(do not mb b3 or f3 they are too slow and youre too minus)
meaty
throw

with b22 you want to use it as a restand mini combo into setup because its not optimal to use for damage. so if you use it as your meaty you hit b22 do trait into 2 cancel another b22 and use regular torpedo. then youve got a setup thats plus 18. this is what im looking into doing after the setup... either this or a jump in they have to guess. (atleast what im trying to attain, needs to be fleshed out more).They cant a2a they are too minus they will get hit by the jump in and wont even get off the ground. Certain d2s may be able to stuff this but im not sure cuz the gap between the rocket and a j2 is small, so small if youre playing against a scrub who will mash d2 theyll get hit almost everytime by just the jump in.
Why isn't it optimal to just go into JI2 and full combo? You could still leave them standing. I may be just confused by what you mean but you can hit confirm that bad boi into a lot more.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
you dont. trait cancel is used to enforce your staggers.
In this game theres something called auto block. almost every string of black mantas can be auto blocked rendering all his staggers useless. HOWEVER, if you know this you can use trait, tele, bf1 all to counter someone trying to autoblock your staggers.

b11u3 is a great string because it lets you develop pressure without having to worry about autoblock because of its gaps. The trade off is most of it leads to being slight negative, if you guys right. (not the way youre thinking I mean b11u3 d2 or trait 2 cancel and then youre minus like 1)
None of what I posted in the video was done with the purpose of hitting the opponent, so I don't know why you keep bringing up blocking like I'm trying to open them up. It's showing a way you can pressure your opponent due to them taking lots of chip at no cost to yourself due to trait regenerating and building a bar on its own, and the reason I bring up Manta's options to avoid/beat their counterplay on a read is to avoid it being a gimmick.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
basic stupidity, it doesn't matter if it's got holes, or even if it's a gimmick, that does not make it bad.

Why isn't it optimal to just go into JI2 and full combo? You could still leave them standing. I may be just confused by what you mean but you can hit confirm that bad boi into a lot more.
what do you mean? do you mean b22 trait 2 cancel b22 rocket? i didnt do that in the video because the recording wont work but thats what i was suggesting.

If you mean after my torpedo hit yea you can full combo that or you can go for a loop into another 50 50. whatever you want.

Any meterless combo off of b22 has really bad damage and is even worse if you do a second rep with trait. in comparison, b11u3 combos are much better and so i think if you want the damage for the meaty i would go for b11 instead. If youre willing to spend the bar then you could cash out on the b22 for an alright 350 damage but again you couldve gotten more from the reset.

Im not sure i got all of the options please clarify on what youre talking about cuz im not sure

None of what I posted in the video was done with the purpose of hitting the opponent, so I don't know why you keep bringing up blocking like I'm trying to open them up. It's showing a way you can pressure your opponent due to them taking lots of chip at no cost to yourself due to trait regenerating and building a bar on its own, and the reason I bring up Manta's options to avoid/beat their counterplay on a read is to avoid it being a gimmick.
there is no counter play thats what ive been trying to tell you. after the b11u3 into trait 2 theres no counter play besides canceling and blocking

Tweedy

Noob
Day 1 impression:

I disagree his neutral seems pretty good. Idk what you even mean by that.

His jump in 2 is instantly hitting them because of how low his jump arc is. Good luck anti airing that.

He has a rangey d1 and his mids are fine considering his knockdowns leave you right in front of them. I hope you don't upplay Starfire with these kind of complaints because her neutral/mids are way worse.

Sweep is fine it's not like sweeps in this game make or break characters.

God I hope you don't complain about Catwoman because he has the same movement lol. How does he get zoned.

His air harpoon is the typical ender and it's +8 and leaves them right in front of you.

Def not low tier.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
there is no counter play thats what ive been trying to tell you. after the b11u3 into trait 2 theres no counter play besides canceling and blocking
But what I've been trying to tell you is that you don't have to b11u3 trait j2 at all, there are other strings into trait you can do after a -2 mb bf1 that will still let you loop a bar+ some extra each time if they block. It just depends on the character.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
what do you mean? do you mean b22 trait 2 cancel b22 rocket? i didnt do that in the video because the recording wont work but thats what i was suggesting.

If you mean after my torpedo hit yea you can full combo that or you can go for a loop into another 50 50. whatever you want.

Any meterless combo off of b22 has really bad damage and is even worse if you do a second rep with trait. in comparison, b11u3 combos are much better and so i think if you want the damage for the meaty i would go for b11 instead. If youre willing to spend the bar then you could cash out on the b22 for an alright 350 damage but again you couldve gotten more from the reset.

Im not sure i got all of the options please clarify on what youre talking about cuz im not sure
I actually misread your shit or read through it too fast, I did just think you were just doing B22~Torpedo.

Though to my point you can do J2~AirTorpedo for more dammy or even twice for way more dammy(100ish more) if you are willing to use your trait bar, granted it's much more difficult.

Good shit.

I actually misread your shit or read through it too fast, I did just think you were just doing B22~Torpedo.

Though to my point you can do J2~AirTorpedo for more dammy or even twice for way more dammy(100ish more) if you are willing to use your trait bar, granted it's much more difficult.

Good shit.
yea if you test it you cant record yourself doing it because his air movement works like spectral mkx and he just wont actually move.

I had to record it to show the d2 other wise a rando jump float torpedo would look pointless without context