What's new

Black Manta confirmed via Xbox Store? (Leaked?)

Gamer68

Fujin!

Gamer68

Fujin!
What I find weird is that his promotions are already leaking even though Starfire isn't out yet. Makes me think they are going to announce him and the rest of Fighter Pack 2 alongside the Starfire gameplay trailer during San Diego Comic Con. SDCC happens on the 20th - 23rd by the way, so I guess we will know in a few days.

EDIT: Just saw how the source was posted 13 hours ago and I was wondering why no one was talking about it. Went through the Status Updates and saw a few people talking about it. Still, I feel that it was worth making a thread for considering how 1) not everyone may know, and 2) it's a leaked DLC character and those usually get their own threads.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
That being leaked before any other non pack 1 character makes me feel like he's the first character of pack 2. Maybe that's just hopeful thinking.
Nah bro look at the character select screen. If you follow the slots and the order that the MKX DLCs were released you'll see it makes total sense Manta would be next.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Inb4 his trait is a rage mode similar to Supermans but instead of armor breaking he has 1 hit of armor everytime he's hit, and also the added damage like SM's trait.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
What I find weird is that his promotions are already leaking even though Starfire isn't out yet. Makes me think they are going to announce him and the rest of Fighter Pack 2 alongside the Starfire gameplay trailer during San Diego Comic Con. SDCC happens on the 20th - 23rd by the way, so I guess we will know in a few days.
Hopefully they'll sneak in a short character reveal video for pack 2 like they did for pack 1.

Slymind

Noob
I thought this was already confirmed via silhouette? I mean his silhouette is the easiest to recognize aside from maybe Atom.
And Boon's past tweets alluded to him. However this is good to further enforce that the silhouette is not a bait and switch.

Also

Trident Rush 2.0 incoming.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I feel like black manta will be a lot like predator. Tbh this is one of the only dlc characters I'm hyped for

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
There is also the interview with Rahul Kohli talking about Subzero and Injustice with Ed, where Ed pretty much went about as far as confirming him as you possibly can without giving a 100% guarantee.

I think Manta fans have had plenty of reasons to feel confident he was coming even before this.