What's new

Black Manta Combo Thread

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Just something interesting I discovered before I went to sleep last night. Manta can continue looping B22xxTrait, (moveforward) 2xxCancelTrait, B22xxTrait etc until his trait runs out.

There's not many strings he can cancel into trait and actually link into anything though unfortunately.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Just something interesting I discovered before I went to sleep last night. Manta can continue looping B22xxTrait, (moveforward) 2xxCancelTrait, B22xxTrait etc until his trait runs out.

There's not many strings he can cancel into trait and actually link into anything though unfortunately.
As in you can do B22~4, J2~L2 B22~4, J2~L2 and its an actual combo?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
As in you can do B22~4, J2~L2 B22~4, J2~L2 and its an actual combo?
Yeah, my execution is balls with him atm so I only got it to loop twice but I'd assume you can loop it until trait runs out

You have to hold forward between 4, J2 though else your jump in will whiff

Chernyy Volk

Yeah, my execution is balls with him atm so I only got it to loop twice but I'd assume you can loop it until trait runs out

You have to hold forward between 4, J2 though else your jump in will whiff
I just tested this. I only nailed it once, BUT

b22~4, j2~cancel, b22~4, j2~cancel, b11u3~4, j3, j3~bf2 is HUGE meterless damage. Almost 400.

Chernyy Volk

So it seems like NRS wanted this character to have stupid cancel execution if you don't want to waste bar for damage.

Chernyy Volk

I also want to note I find doing these cancels off of 3 way easier AND it does more damage. Either way, if you can do the above combo consistently this makes Black Manta's jump in game crazy scary. I predict if you use 3's instead of b22's you'll do about 450 meterless. On Superman.

I won't be able to play him until next week unfortunately. Can someone actually test out how well his teleport punishes projectiles? Since it has the same start up as super girls should I just use her as reference? I have the frame date of moves on my phone, it's showing me the block advantage but not The recovery of the move itself. If anybody has the GunFrame app what should I be looking at cuz the only pertinent information I think I see is start up and block advantage.

damn this is actually super tough for me.

haven't been able to combo from the 2nd j2 to b11u3, and for some reason i can only rarely hit the bf2 after the 2nd j3
im the same on 2nd rep to b11, kinda have a hard time believing its really possible but for bf2 you just have to time it so its completely after the last j3, that is if you didnt already do a rep before b11. i havent been able to do the combo after a rep the bf2 doesnt come out because theres not enough trait for it. starting to think that combo he mentioned above didnt really happen, either that or i suck

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
damn this is actually super tough for me.

haven't been able to combo from the 2nd j2 to b11u3, and for some reason i can only rarely hit the bf2 after the 2nd j3
Doing BF2 after the two J3s is tough, you don't have to cancel the J3 into it but wait a second between the J3 and BF2 from my experience

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
How do you do that again?
The method that I use is to go to the customize screen where you set up your AI loadouts. Crank is Rush down and combos two 30, which will make everything else 0. But that's fine. then you need a turbo controller, or stick. In my case I have a stick with a turbo function. then you go to Multiverse once there endless choose him and pick your AI loadout then just start the Multiverse and turn on your turbo controller hitting the x button over and over forever. He will eventually lose but it tends to take a while and he gets anywhere from 4 to 8 levels before he does all the way up to 20.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
do you guys have this boy on ps4?
I do.

@Red Reaper additionally, keep an eye out for helm or accessory pieces as they can have + xp modifiers, up to like 10% each piece I believe. I usually try burn a few regen tokens when I get a head/acc drop to get +xp to speed things up. Also equip new abilities as they open up, the AI *usually* does good work with them abd it speeds matches up.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I do.

@Red Reaper additionally, keep an eye out for helm or accessory pieces as they can have + xp modifiers, up to like 10% each piece I believe. I usually try burn a few regen tokens when I get a head/acc drop to get +xp to speed things up. Also equip new abilities as they open up, the AI *usually* does good work with them abd it speeds matches up.
Thanx... How'd you get him, btw?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I bought the Fighter Pack 2 listed on the PS store this morning around 7:30am-ish, and after purchase it had a Download option that downloaded him and apparently the Reverse Flash costume,
Fuck... Ok. Someone else did the same thing.. So apparently people that buy it on the spot get it earlier than people that are getting it through the Ultimate Edition...