What's new

Black Canary VS Zoners

pH34rZ

Noob
So i've been playing BC basically since launch and having a blast with her (still not on discord though :O)
One thing I had trouble with are heavy zoners - Deadshot/Darksied/Fate

Been having mixed success with cartwell, Forward Jump + DB2 shenanigans and FF+MB Roll.

Once I FINALLY get in and maybe get a combo I always finish with 112 1+3 so I'll have some oki - but I just get blasted by safe wakeups (I'm looking at you Fate).

Tips? Tricks? Mental support? thanks :)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So i've been playing BC basically since launch and having a blast with her (still not on discord though :O)

Been having mixed success with cartwell, Forward Jump + DB2 shenanigans and FF+MB Roll.

Once I FINALLY get in and maybe get a combo I always finish with 112 1+3 so I'll have some oki - but I just get blasted by safe wakeups (I'm looking at you Fate).

Finish combos with d3. Gives you better oki and allows you to mix with overhead flip. Or you can just mb b3 if you suspect the wakeup

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it

I like ending in 112 1+3 as well, if they don't wakeup you get to do whatever you want since it's a +25 hard knockdown, but like you said wakeups can be a pain. D3 blows up every single wakeup that I've tested it against once you get the timing down, which is not that hard to do if you're ending in 112 1+3 since it feels a lot easier to stuff wakeups with that ender for some reason. Play more against Fate and you'll see he's not really a hard MU at all, I used to think he was the hardest until I decided to grind it out and lab it a bit. Darkseid really shouldn't be giving you too many issues with a little practice either.

Getting in is all about patience, timing, reactions, and reads. You really do have to be on point against anyone decent if you don't want to get zoned out, but once you get in, if you're not making a lot of tiny little mistakes, you should be able to take their life bar or close to it before you have to get in again. But take it from me,if you're messing up little things then you're going to have a bad time, so make sure your execution is sharp.

Once you have level 3, start walking on them hard and consider MB rolling to get in before even spending your lvl 3. It'll force them to start pressing buttons, and you'll find a chance to hit them with your lvl 3 cry.

Also, if you time your MB roll properly when Deadshot goes to shoot his rifle, then d3 as soon as the game lets you, you'll low profile his bullet(s) and get that +30 hard knockdown.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Also gotta throw out some love for the 112+throw string. I mainly just love how it looks and you get a second to breathe. Thing I would stress is patience; don't let zoners get under your skin. They are fucking annoying with any character, and that's their biggest tool they use to win