What's new

Black Canary General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexxyC

what's done is done
So glad she made it in. Can't wait to see her dialogue with Ollie. Also, curious on her trait. I'm sure it's the Canary Cry but I wonder if it works similar to Supergirl's trait or not.
On the contrary, you see her fists and kicks light up in the trailer. I bet that has something to do with her trait.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
I was excited with cartwheel through projectiles. Like Dudley duck. Also it looked like she had a jump command grab that could be a mix up game in itself. I just want good footsies. She looked stubby, but so did super girl. Also, what is that b3? Was more vertical than horizontal. Good for LB b3 anti air?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I was excited with cartwheel through projectiles. Like Dudley duck. Also it looked like she had a jump command grab that could be a mix up game in itself. I just want good footsies. She looked stubby, but so did super girl. Also, what is that b3? Was more vertical than horizontal. Good for LB b3 anti air?
I remember people laughed at Batgirl's range when she was released. Frequently being called T-Rex arms. And we all know how much that held her back. lol

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
She is skilled at many martial arts fighting styles so her brawler style doesn't surprise me at all. I expected her to have command throws,at least a parry,and some sort of counter zoning option. The thing that interested me the most was the counter zoning option. Does is go through projectiles or no ?? Hmm

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
She is skilled at many martial arts fighting styles so her brawler style doesn't surprise me at all. I expected her to have command throws,at least a parry,and some sort of counter zoning option. The thing that interested me the most was the counter zoning option. Does is go through projectiles or no ?? Hmm
My guess is probably only high (possibly mid too) projectiles only to keep it balanced. But, if it avoids lows too, good for her. lol

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Breakdown and first impressions:

Her b3 is an advancing backflip so you know that's going to be crazy for setups.

She has a full-screen stun attack in her screech and those grenades looks like they have the same stun effect, at least while the opponent is grounded.

Her stance is identical to Sonya's from MKXL.

Has an upward divekick that can be meterburned for a follow up and looks to have a giant hitbox.

Command grabs? Along with an air throw.

She looks to be extreme rushdown and anti zone. I'm dissapointed she doesn't ride her bike during her super but oh well. She has some strings that look like Cassie's, example:f34 so she may be a mix-up character with staggers and command grabs. If her scream restands and she has 50/50s we may be looking at a vortex character.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Breakdown and first impressions:

Her b3 is an advancing backflip so you know that's going to be crazy for setups.

She has a full-screen stun attack in her screech and those grenades looks like they have the same stun effect, at least while the opponent is grounded.

Her stance is identical to Sonya's from MKXL.

Has an upward divekick that can be meterburned for a follow up and looks to have a giant hitbox.

Command grabs? Along with an air throw.

She looks to be extreme rushdown and anti zone. I'm dissapointed she doesn't ride her bike during her super but oh well. She has some strings that look like Cassie's, example:f34 so she may be a mix-up character with staggers and command grabs. If her scream restands and she has 50/50s we may be looking at a vortex character.
Yep I told my friends that she could possibly be a vortex character before her reveal. I'm really happy she looks to be every bit of what I expected her to be

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I'm kinda curious about that last little bit right before the super, she hits Atrocitus with a Canary Cry and he goes into like....a small wall-bounce into a crumple? Is that a property/state we've seen anywhere before?

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
She looks like a cross between Sonya + Sindel. Demolition-style grenades with massive hit advantage, two parries, a weird air-to-ground throw looking thing I've never seen before, and possibly a command grab, though I think it may just be a 1+3 in a string that looks like a command grab, sort of like what Bo Rai Cho has.

Also what looks like Mileena's U3 anti-air kick that can be meter-burned for a juggle.

She has one of the better female faces. Air Super.

Status
Not open for further replies.