What's new

Black Canary General Discussion 2.0

Anyone else been kinda abusing her F3? People know Canarys like to handspring into d3 so they are blocking low but I've been doing it into F3. Caught SylverRye with it a bit in our set earlier. On top of that I've been doing B3, F3, handspring, F3 when they're on their second life bar and I don't want the clash. A lot of people like to roll out to avoid her oki but it puts you at a perfect distance for the tip of F3 to hit.
I love her F3, think it's super underrated. Now that 33 is plus on block I find myself often doing a d1 into canary cry afterwards. If they start respecting it you can do the 112 string into the command grab or handspring for a mix. And the best part is if they start trying to do a d1 or jab of their own you can often beat it with a F3 for a full combo, since she steps back a bit during the F3 animation.

its slow but its retreating so it can dodge a poke and then kick after, also people more worried about her low so it lands same reason batman and gls land

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
so, how do i play neutral with this character, i feel like i know the answer, but something missing, and i know she has several ways to setup ambiguous crossups, can someone help me? :(

so, how do i play neutral with this character, i feel like i know the answer, but something missing, and i know she has several ways to setup ambiguous crossups, can someone help me? :(
Despite the buffs, her neutral still suffers imo, mostly do to her stubby range and often slow normals. I find myself getting beat out a lot simply by the speed of other characters normals and often the only thing I can do is pushblock. I think b12 is one of her best advancing strings cause it can often low profile and after the patch it's now safe on block. 33 is also a super good option and since it's plus on block I often catch opponents with a d1 canary cry right afterwards or even just a f3 sometimes. Crossing up or not crossing up with J3 and then following with a 33 when they're in the air has been super useful for me, you can hit confirm the 33 into level 3 canary cry to start off a reset or attempt a vortex, otherwise I just do a d1 afterwards on block to check. 112 1+2 is also a great string to mix in cause they often don't expect the command grab and if it hits you can do a jump 2 on knockdown and start the meterless vortex that's covered in great detail in one of the other threads here.

Hope any of this is new information or any of it helps, my neutral is still probably the part that is most lacking for me so I'd appreciate if anyone else has any good tools to share.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Anyone else been kinda abusing her F3? People know Canarys like to handspring into d3 so they are blocking low but I've been doing it into F3. Caught SylverRye with it a bit in our set earlier. On top of that I've been doing B3, F3, handspring, F3 when they're on their second life bar and I don't want the clash. A lot of people like to roll out to avoid her oki but it puts you at a perfect distance for the tip of F3 to hit.
We need to play mannn

Canary Discord? Couldnt find any live links.
https://discord.gg/2fGBPz

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Playing Canary I've been wishing she had like a Kotal/Raiden F4. Some kind of normal to be used on a read to gain advantage/close the distance but if you're wrong you give the opponent to a turn. Not ready to say she needs something like that but it'd be nice in neutral to do something besides slowly walk and jump. Feels like I'm playing a grappler lol.

Wigy

There it is...
So in the corner if your do bf2 mb forward jump into j2 into db2 close in the corner you get a weird OTG f3 that combos. Like they're lying on the floor for half a second and it still hits?

Couldnt get the f3 to hit any other way?

You need to delay the j2 til you're behind their body properly

Edit/

In the corner you can also do lvl 3 scream, walk forward nj 2 db2 into f3 for the weird otg

You actually get a big ass combo from that not sure what the optimals are but thats the highest for me as you can get a f3 in the corner which u usually cant

Last edited:
So in the corner if your do bf2 mb forward jump into j2 into db2 close in the corner you get a weird OTG f3 that combos. Like they're lying on the floor for half a second and it still hits?

Couldnt get the f3 to hit any other way?

You need to delay the j2 til you're behind their body properly

Edit/

In the corner you can also do lvl 3 scream, walk forward nj 2 db2 into f3 for the weird otg
You can actually do the F3 otg mid screen.

Cross-up J2~DB2MB F3 connects. The DB2MB doesn't even have to be the air version (it looks cooler though). I'll have visual of it up tomorrow.

They gotta nerf Cold. Tired of all these bandwagon SonicFox dickriders. What can Canary do against the MB floor ice? I labbed as much as I could and seems like theres literally nothing she can do. Even when I punish with a lvl 3 scream I can't get past the ice to punish.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
They gotta nerf Cold. Tired of all these bandwagon SonicFox dickriders. What can Canary do against the MB floor ice? I labbed as much as I could and seems like theres literally nothing she can do. Even when I punish with a lvl 3 scream I can't get past the ice to punish.

I low block it.

I'm not talking about when he does it in a blockstring I mean when he does it from half screen or so. You can't walk up to it or even jump over it without it touching you and freezing you. Closest I've come to getting over it was doing the handspring double kick but you get frozen as soon as you land on the ground.

Idk maybe I'll try to lab that matchup with Cheetah instead of Canary, seems really bad for Dinah simply because of the floor ice shenanigans while they charge the gun for snowglobe

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
so heres a matchup puzzle for you, you got a black adam who keeps backing away from you, d2's you anytime u try to jumpin, and f12's you everytime you try to advance, what do you do?