What's new

Black Adam's new origin(Major Spoilers!)

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
For those that havent read Black Adam has received a new origin in yesterday's JL#20.
MAJOR SPOILERS INCOMING:

Turns out Adam was not chosen as the Wizard's champion.Rather his nephew,Aman,was chosen but gave half his power to Adam to save his life. However when Aman refused to help Adam get revenge on Kandhaq's conquerers for killing their families Adam murdered his nephew becoming Black Adam.He believes he is in a rightous mission.Killing his nephew to free his country and now willing to kill Billy to free the world of dictators.An interesting new origin to say the least.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Wait now he wants to free the world from dictators, isnt that the complete opposite of what he was before the new 52...

That kind of pisses me off that they retconned Black Adam as the Wizard's Champion and being Egyptian. I think it's an important part of the character.

I think it would have been way more awesome if a modern day Black Adam was a direct descendent of Egyptian Pharaohs (but not a resident of Egypt) and used his newly given powers to free his homeland of Kandhaq by rightously killing its rulers and becomes their new benevolent dictator. Modeling this new society on ancient Egypt.

The Wizard, seeing BA's heart grow cold and unfeeling, decides to either take his powers or kill him, which pisses BA off so much he vows to become the strongest being in the universe and declares himself an enemy of Captain Marvel.

Reedoms

Noob
Wait now he wants to free the world from dictators, isnt that the complete opposite of what he was before the new 52...
Nope. During 52 he reunited his home country/became it's leader and decided that anyone that fucked with his area would die. Didn't matter who it was. Then during WW3 in the same story he literally murdered an entire country for killing his wife.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
The Shazam tie in continues to impress and exceed the book it's inserted in. I dig the new origin.

On a tangential note - Given how the issue ended, I think it's pretty clear that Adam showing Billy that he can make the power of the wizard flow through one's family is gonna really bite him in the arse in the finale.

CCVengeance

The Shazam tie in continues to impress and exceed the book it's inserted in. I dig the new origin.

On a tangential note - Given how the issue ended, I think it's pretty clear that Adam showing Billy that he can make the power of the wizard flow through one's family is gonna really bite him in the arse in the finale.
Oh I so hope Adam kills one of the kids out of spite!

CCVengeance

let BA atleast hurt one kid real bad, so we could see shazam go bad.
That's what I want to see.BA is as powerful as he was back when he killed the Council of Magic who''s power rivalled gods.He also has back-up from the 7 deadly sins AND he is holding hostages.How the hell is a kid who has had his power for 2 hours at the most be able to beat that?I think th JL show up and ave his ass OR Deus-EX the power of family reality punch.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I don't read comics much, but I remember seeing an awesome panel where he kills some random company boss, thinking him to be a pharaoh owning slaves.