What's new

Video/Tutorial Black Adam video thread

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
22b1 is pretty bad on block, i would confirm either 22~orb if your traits up, or 22b1~shocker if they are blocking and you either dont have orbs, or are saving them for something.
I usually use 112 as a string because it's safe on block and ends in an overhead, and if the opponent blocks, you can go right into a d1>lightning hands for a pretty nice frame trap. You can also confirm the 11>cage for a nice MB combo. I don't really understand the love for the 22 string, it's slow on block and easily interrupted if they block your jump in.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
if they block your jump in then 1 is duckable. if people duck on reaction just do JI2~close MB divekick, its + on block and launches if they try to poke. They wont keep trying it once you get in their mind with that though, so you can start using 11 again.

22 is good because they cant duck it, thats pretty much the only reason to use it over 11. I was just saying that if you are using 22b1, do it the way i described because 22b1 is - and adam never has to be - with his orbs ready. 22~orbs is better on block than 22b1~orbs and also 22b1~orbs wont give as much damage as 22~orbs if they arent blocking.

22b1 is pretty bad on block, i would confirm either 22~orb if your traits up, or 22b1~shocker if they are blocking and you either dont have orbs, or are saving them for something.
We were talking about Orb frametraps dude. Have you seen my vid on 22b1 orbs. It's good because it's -5 but Orbs make it +frames.

Similar example: d2 is really punishable on block (like -12 I think). But if you cancel into Orbs then it becomes safe vs 6f moves. So if Lex tries to punish my d2 with his Corp Charge and I happened to activate Orbs, then he would get blown up by a full combo.

Now if only d3 could be cancelled into Orbs lol..

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Ah, that actually makes sense. I totally forgot the first hit was a high. People tend to block high against Adam because of the fact that he has no lows, so it just kind of slipped I guess. Thanks for that.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
We were talking about Orb frametraps dude. Have you seen my vid on 22b1 orbs. It's good because it's -5 but Orbs make it +frames.
Yeah i did see the video, i guess its just my preference then if its working for you.

22 on its own is +1 on block, so you dont even need to orb to frame trap if youre using d1 or 11 followups and your inputs are tight. Also on hit you get bigger damage than 22b1 if youre doing 22~orbs by habit. Thats pretty much my reasoning haha.