What's new

Strategy Black Adam Orb Cancel Pressure & Frame Traps

b2 ex low and b2 trait is a really strong mixup, pretty reliable.

regardless of it having debatable frame advantage its really strong because they have to respect the follow up of b2 3 or b2 ex low... its a brainfuck because they are like fucking i have to block low wait he cancelled, lot of things going on at once

b2 ex low and b2 trait is a really strong mixup, pretty reliable.

regardless of it having debatable frame advantage its really strong because they have to respect the follow up of b2 3 or b2 ex low... its a brainfuck because they are like fucking i have to block low wait he cancelled, lot of things going on at once
What's "ex low"?

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Can't you interrupt b2 lightning MB?
No, I'm pretty sure b2 xx MB lightning is a true blockstring. Everytime I've tested it out with people, they were unable to mash out d1 or anything. That shit is amazing :)

They CAN interrupt b2 xx T, b2 though

If it was a true blockstring it would suck lol. The reason why b2 xx MB df2 is good is because there's a gap where they can try something.

Unfortunately, 6f d1 can trade with the very first lightning. This trade is still in BA's favor (10% vs 2%) but you still lost 1 bar. So try to always do it from out of d1 range.

If done from up close: They can trade with d1 if it's 6f. They can't neutral jump but they can back/forward jump to avoid it completely. They can't backdash for obvious reasons.

If done from sweep/max range: They can't jump at all, they can't backdash, most characters are out of d1 or 1 range.

Some characters like Black Adam can low crush MB lightning strike with 3. Or Super in between.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Is d1xtrait any good on block? I'm away from my PS3 at the moment
All i ever do is d1 trait d1 xx shock hands as a frame trap. Once they're afraid try to sneak in d1 x trait throat, or d1 x trait overhead, shit like that. If they mash their d1 it'll beat your overhead/throw attempt

Error

DF2+R2
All i ever do is d1 trait d1 xx shock hands as a frame trap. Once they're afraid try to sneak in d1 x trait throat, or d1 x trait overhead, shit like that. If they mash their d1 it'll beat your overhead/throw attempt
Everyone mashes d1 online

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
free d1 shock hands then, haha. burn ex to send em full screen and then low metuh buuuurn lightning them to death.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
No, I'm pretty sure b2 xx MB lightning is a true blockstring. Everytime I've tested it out with people, they were unable to mash out d1 or anything. That shit is amazing :)

They CAN interrupt b2 xx T, b2 though
Yep, B2~MB Lightning is indeed guaranteed. Other things like 22~Lightning ARE interruptable by pokes, which is very important because i've seen plenty of people claim this jails. (Same with 11~lightning, 22B1, etc.)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Ok, new BA player, dumb question probably but I have to ask: Let's say I'm doing D1 to orbs for pressure. Does D1 to lightning hands have to hit? I notice it doesn't come out sometimes, is this something I can do on block or hit only?

Thanks

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
ex lightning hands won't come out on block, you can only ex it on hit. Idk if that's what you mean?

But you can do d1 x trait, d1 x lightning hands on block for sure.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
thanks iDeeejay you answered my question. Still trying to create pressure w/him
No problem man. I'm still very new to this game, and am trying to get better at understanding the pressure as well. I wanna say most of my damage is just from playing a solid neutral game. Whiff punishing with b2, anti air with j1 etc etc.

In terms of opening people up I try to just frame trap with something positive into d1 x lightning hands, then sneak in throws/overheads/sweeps once they've stopped mashing d1. Bladams 11 and 113 are awesome on block but I have a really hard time getting Ppl to block that because they just crouch after a jump in or something. However, I'm starting to get some success by dashing forward and 11, similar to how sagat dashes in for his pressure. Maybe ex lightning at mid range, and then dash up 11 to catch them trying to dash up to you or something.

/endtheoryfighting