What's new

Black Adam Gear Ability Discussion

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Lets use this thread talk about anything and everything relating to Adam's additional abilities (and gear).

From @StormGoddess's post on unlockable abilities:

Black Adam:

* Rolling Thunder - Can perform Lightning Cage at different distances, and meter burned for follow up attacks. Replaces Lightning Cage.

* Power of Aton - Fast, straight bolt of lightning. Meter burn for 3 hits. Replaces Low Lightning Bolt.

* Floating Lightning Bomb - Black Adam throws a lightning bomb that floats in place before exploding. Can be thrown three different distances.

* Deity’s Bolt - Black Adam summons a tracking lightning bolt. Replaces Black Magic.

* Seth Strike - Orbs of Seth no longer collide while orbiting, instead they can be fired as projectiles. Replaces Orbs of Seth, requires both slots.

* Air Lightning Cage - Black Adam drops to the ground creating a cage of electricity around his body. Air-Lightning Cage can be Meter Burned to allow for follow up attacks

* Soul of Shazam - Allowing all punches to do additional damage when active. Replaces Orbs of Seth

Last edited:

wsj515

I don't have them all yet, but Power of Aton is gross. I have an epic orb gear piece that does not allow you to drop below 1 bar of meter when below 6% health. Since Power of Aton mb'ed is plus on block, you basically automatically win the match if they get you to a pixel lol.

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
can we get frame data on these moves? descriptions are nice but we need to know what they are on block for those who dont have them yet ..

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
The Deity Bolt sucks. Ruins his BM combos and it doesn't seem any faster. Plus you need to MB it to do the same thing Black Magic combo already does.

wsj515

i know some online noobs like gear mode but yall tym members wtf is wrong with you?
comp mode or die slow
Whenever I want to play a competitive/legit set, I'll play comp mode. However, if I'm bored of queuing into 8 terrible players in a row in ranked, I see no issue in having a little casual fun playing with gear.

wsj515

Seth's Strike seems amazing, every string (except b12) into release orbs into f12 is a true blockstring. Does great chip and builds tons of meter. Only problem is that we seemingly sacrifice our big boy combo damage, unless there are more damaging combo routes utilizing the orb release.

Edit: Ok lol this ability is broke. You can make regular dive plus and get conversions off it.

Last edited: