What's new

Video/Tutorial Black Adam Cross Over Dive kick Set Ups

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
you should of made a video explaining it then.. and why would i do close divekick? these are all far stomps..
Some of us cant record. Didn't think a vid was necessary for "point blank divekicks crossup."to be understood and especially in a period where I was pumping out tech every 2 days.

I was replying to a part of your post saying to do close dives.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Some of us cant record. Didn't think a vid was necessary for "point blank divekicks crossup."to be understood and especially in a period where I was pumping out tech every 2 days.

I was replying to a part of your post saying to do close dives.

well sorry for stealing your spotlight :p

and oh.. but i rather do close stomp because they both start with jumps... doing a b2 is on the ground and its slow start up can mean just to block standing cus theres nothing that will cross up from black adam on the ground
but its a worthy option at times

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
well sorry for stealing your spotlight :p

and oh.. but i rather do close stomp because they both start with jumps... doing a b2 is on the ground and its slow start up can mean just to block standing cus theres nothing that will cross up from black adam on the ground
but its a worthy option at times
I was saying that this not being common knowledge lead to you wasting lab and vid time, I don't care about spotlights. B2 is 15f and jump frames and divekick is a total of 19, its a legit unseeable mixup and you don't endanger yourself or waste meter doing it. Now imagine someone with good execution always getting 49% off of divekick. There is a lot of dirt roads people don't abuse that will end up getting being Adams metagame in a year from now.

Cat

I was saying that this not being common knowledge lead to you wasting lab and vid time, I don't care about spotlights. B2 is 15f and jump frames and divekick is a total of 19, its a legit unseeable mixup and you don't endanger yourself or waste meter doing it. Now imagine someone with good execution always getting 49% off of divekick. There is a lot of dirt roads people don't abuse that will end up getting being Adams metagame in a year from now.

true but you still see black adam not jump and can block standing.. b2 is not that fast of a overhead as some attacks... still its a good option. you can also just go for a jumping 2 into a mix up instead of just trying to do divekick mix ups..
he has a ton of options.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
T
true but you still see black adam not jump and can block standing.. b2 is not that fast of a overhead as some attacks... still its a good option. you can also just go for a jumping 2 into a mix up instead of just trying to do divekick mix ups..
he has a ton of options.
this is in the same page as scorpions mixups that no one blocked on reaction, add the tournament factor and this will not be seen. I can't wait for ppl to actually use this in tournaments and hear people cry.

Cat

T
this is in the same page as scorpions mixups that no one blocked on reaction, add the tournament factor and this will not be seen. I can't wait for ppl to actually use this in tournaments and hear people cry.
oh also in ground you have to worry about certain wake ups... this is all just player and char dependent

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
oh also in ground you have to worry about certain wake ups... this is all just player and char dependent
I find that if you intentionaly drop something that allows you to do this setup most people prefer to mash potatoes akeups instead of having to deal with it. I'm not really experimenting with this char anymore but I'm sure there are some quick recovering orb cancels that make divekick look like surprise buttsex.

Nice. And IIRC, the MB close dive kick leaves BA at +9 on block which allows him to have another free mixup. Good find if actually done in tournament.

Some of these are kind of impractical considering the opponent will naturally be holding back to block b23. Which will make the dive kicks not cross-up anymore.

you should of made a video explaining it then.. and why would i do close divekick? these are all far stomps..
I have posted around 30 videos for Black Adam showing various cross-ups, double cross-up setups and bomb traps (some inspired by your pushblock teeth traps with Joker :) ). Most of them were just never front paged: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXgUAwmci_AesJmt64ZnxMVuZf7TwWbXL

There's also a glitch that makes the cross-up dive kick cross-up visually but still hit front for whatever reason (I never really understood what caused this). It seems to be completely random which makes it even harder to block because you can't know which side it's going to hit even if you see it coming.

I find it's better to do it after untechable knockdowns like 13 and 223 or from the Black Magic standing reset. But there's just very little reason to do it considering Black Adam's insanely high damage output and safe launcher strings. There is no reason to get creative in this game and go for silly resets or flashy setups when you can do 45-55% for 1 bar and then run away with the life lead and orbs.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Reposting from qwark thread since cat got the front page :p.

Oh god I just found something absolutely disgusting and broken off 113 trait. Do an instant jump forward 1 into close footstomp. If you do instant footstomp it does not cross up. Delay footstomp a bit and it will cross up.

So you can do an instant overhead that leads into another overhead that crosses up or not if you press a button a millisecond later. Only tested on superman so it might be character specific or height defendant

Only bad part is that they have to be standing but who wants to duck against black Adam?

Edit: unfortunately it seems to be char specific but against aquaman I was able to hit a cross up jump 2. Either way you can always just do jump close foot stomp and they have to guess whether you will delay it to make it cross up.

Edit: it works against batman. i need someone to help me test it because the mixup is stupid

Edit: Ok this just got more stupid against some characters instant jump2 and jump1 hits. J2 hits cross up and j1 does not. You can't change if j2 footstomp will cross up, though.

Edit: Hopefully the last edit but I found out that 112 trait jails them into standing and is a true block string into j1. Anyways if you guys want to test this do it on lex poor guy gets hit by every jump mixup.

Here are some examples to show how broke this is on lex. Tested with him set on reversal corpse charge.

112 trait nj2 far boot stomp. 3 overheads that don't cross up. True block string.
112 trait nj1 close boot stomp. 3 overheads that don't cross up. True block string
112 trait nj1 far boot stomp. 2 overheads and then a footstomp that crosses up. True block string
112 trait fj2 close boot stomp. 1 overheads into 2 that cross up. Can be escaped because jump 2 is slower and 112 has less advantage.
112 trait fj1 close boot stomp. 2 overheads into another that crosses up if you delay it. Not a true block string if you delay it
112 trait foward jump close boot stomp. 1 overhead into another that crosses up if you delay it. Not a true block string if you delay it.

113 strings are true block strings only if you did the string while they were standing. Otherwise you have to guess if they wiil duck or stand. Also depending the distance nj1 won't hit and fj2 won't cross up,

113 trait fj2 close boot stomp. 2 overheads that cross up, true block string unlike 112 since 113 has more advantage.
113 trait nj2 far boot stomp. 2 overheads that don't cross up. True block string
113 trait nj1 far boot stomp. 1 overhead into another that crosses up. True block string.
113 trait nj1 close boot stomp. 1 overhead into another that doesn't cross up. True block string.
113 trait forward jump close stomp. Crosses up if you delay the boot stomp. Not a true block string if you make it cross up.
113 trait toward jump 1 close boot stomp. 1 overhead into boot stomp that changes if it crosses up depending on how you delay it. Not a true block string if you delay it.

You can do all of this against lex. Juicy. Also sorry for the poor typography. I'm doing their on a tablet while testing it.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
good stuff , but now i got new main is doomsday and i am the most aggressive xbl doomsday and black adams hasn't even time to think and try make something like this :)