What's new

Guide Black Adam Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just press trait after you input the normal as you would with a special. That's his up, 1+3 ender off of B2, 3 ---> B2, 3, U 1+3
But the trait never seems to hit, the orbs just don't do anything. And I see. I don't suppose anyone who uses black adam would be willing to add me and help me out with him? I'm struggling to pull off any off his decent combos. Was going to use shazam as a main but pulling his combos off online just seems impossible agaisnt scrubs who just use one or two crappy attacks over and over.
And so all you do with black adam is press up 1.3 when they're in the air and you'll throw them down like that? Thanks in advance.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
But the trait never seems to hit, the orbs just don't do anything. And I see. I don't suppose anyone who uses black adam would be willing to add me and help me out with him? I'm struggling to pull off any off his decent combos. Was going to use shazam as a main but pulling his combos off online just seems impossible agaisnt scrubs who just use one or two crappy attacks over and over.
And so all you do with black adam is press up 1.3 when they're in the air and you'll throw them down like that? Thanks in advance.
When you combo with the orbs continue the 2nd string after only the first orb hits. So like ji2 22 orbs (first orb hits) 221. As for the b23 air throw i hold up after b23 and when Adam goes up mash 1+3.

Celerity

Lab Monster
When you combo with the orbs continue the 2nd string after only the first orb hits. So like ji2 22 orbs (first orb hits) 221. As for the b23 air throw i hold up after b23 and when Adam goes up mash 1+3.
Yeah, I was just about to reply with something to that effect.

But the orbs don't need to hit to make any of these combos work. Orbs have no hitstun, they don't contribute to the combo. All the trait cancel does is cancel the recovery of your last move, allowing you to link things you ordinarily wouldn't be able to.

Roachthroat

I WILL SHOW YOU WAR - Black Adam
are you on xbox?

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Quick question.. what's up with b+1?! So B1 ~ db1 is character specific? I've noticed i'm unable to combo that against certain characters. I'm trying against cat woman and it's not happening.

JSN

hey
As far as I can tell, it only doesn't work on Catwoman due to her weird hitstun animation. Against some characters (mostly the female characters, weirdly enough) you can do b1,2 Black Magic and it connects, though.

35% meterless confirm off b2,3
b2,3 d2 T b1 Black Magic dash b2,3,up,1+3

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I'll be posting some 1 bar 50% and 49% combos for online in the next few days.

I know there's the 54% combo and the 55% one which last time i played i was hitting consistently, timing's easy as hell now but online they are so much more trickier. With that in mind i made some ridiculously stupid brain dead 1 bar 50% and 49% combos just for online play.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Figure I make a post about this since I just found out about it little while ago. Apparently for Doomsday's Supernova (MB), it can be AA by using Black Adam's Lighting Cage. Regular and does not have to be used on MB. So in doing that it shows that his Supernova does not have armor when he collides with you. You can use Lighting Cage on MB when Doomsday lands on you, too. Only thing is your timing has to be perfect in order for it to react to the Lighting Cage. Anyways. After the MB hits on Doomsday, just use B2, 3 , up 1+3 to land a 32% damage I do believe? Good AA damage with 1 meter used.

GhosT

Noob
Whats the timing with the 55% 1 bar combo? Specifically the end of the combo where you do a j3 into b23 1+3? Wondering if it helps to land j3 asap or a when you are lower to the ground. I have hit it both was but that part of the combo is what i dont have down pat yet

Celerity

Lab Monster
Whats the timing with the 55% 1 bar combo? Specifically the end of the combo where you do a j3 into b23 1+3? Wondering if it helps to land j3 asap or a when you are lower to the ground. I have hit it both was but that part of the combo is what i dont have down pat yet
Try hitting them when they're as close as possible to you, right before they start falling straight down. It's kind of in the middle, I guess. You can also use J2 instead of J3 which eliminates any possibility of messing it up, and it's only 1% less damage.

Well, general discussion was closed apparently. So copy/paste here:

AA combos:

-2 xx black magic, fj2, b2,3, u1+3 (28%)
-b2, 1,1 xx black magic, dash, b2,3, u1+3 (26/34% depending if you use trait or not)
-f3 MB, 2,2,b1, fj3, far dive kick (29%)
-b3 MB, fj3, far dive kick, b2,3,u1+3 (39%)

For b3 MB you can react pretty late and it will still hit before they are able to block:

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
As far as I can tell, it only doesn't work on Catwoman due to her weird hitstun animation. Against some characters (mostly the female characters, weirdly enough) you can do b1,2 Black Magic and it connects, though.

35% meterless confirm off b2,3
b2,3 d2 T b1 Black Magic dash b2,3,up,1+3
This is tight. I have so much trouble w 11 after b23 online. D2 B1 bm is much more consistent.

Oh so it was just Black Adam's thread? I thought maybe all general discussion threads were deleted to encourage thread creation.

General threads are really kinda bad when you think about it. A lot of good info gets lost there. It's better to have that information on separate threads so it's easier to find for players (because then we can just have one pinned thread with links to a bunch of threads). That's what I think at least.

I mean if you're a new player good luck finding what you're looking for in a 100 pages general thread.

Daniel Aiden

Unknown-Member31
can somebody tell me if this setup works ? i never used Black Adam in a fight . After a bnb like 22 lightning cage mb b3 j2 can you use 112 lightning bomb ( far ) jump far boot stomp . b3 j2 b23 up 12 . ? if this can be used in a match it will take 71% with 1 mb . Is this bomb setup viable ?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
can somebody tell me if this setup works ? i never used Black Adam in a fight . After a bnb like 22 lightning cage mb b3 j2 can you use 112 lightning bomb ( far ) jump far boot stomp . b3 j2 b23 up 12 . ? if this can be used in a match it will take 71% with 1 mb . Is this bomb setup viable ?
112 lightning bomb isnt gonna work after the combo because they fall too fast, can techroll, and your bomb takes a year to come out.

McTease

Nay.
Hmmm, instead of updating the OP constantly with new and random combos I'm thinking we try to decide which ones are the most optimal/consistent in each respective situation and go with that.

This is gonna take a lot of time and consideration. Is anyone else cool with the idea?

I'm more than likely going to need help on this as well. Duh.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Hmmm, instead of updating the OP constantly with new and random combos I'm thinking we try to decide which ones are the most optimal/consistent in each respective situation and go with that.

This is gonna take a lot of time and consideration. Is anyone else cool with the idea?

I'm more than likely going to need help on this as well. Duh.
I can help. I've been compiling his optimal BnBs for a video anyway. IMO, you can condense the list a lot by lumping together some of his combo paths. Instead of having separate combos for B2 xx T, 2 2 xx T, 1 1 xx T, max damage, best oki, bomb setup, etc. you just say (Starter) > Combo Route > (Ender). He has multiple paths that work this way.

Anyway, let me know via PM what you need from me and I'll be happy to supply it.

Status
Not open for further replies.