What's new

Tech Black Adam 22B1 Corner Bomb Setup

Truth

Noob

Hello fellow dictators, I didn’t see this posted in the forum, so I decided to make a video showcasing a corner bomb trap off his 22B1 string. You could go into his Corner BnB (any starter~trait, 22B1, J2~Close Divekick, ender), but replace the ender with 22B1~Close Bomb. It does 39%, so you’re leaving only 9% on the table (if you decide to end the combo with 22B1~Black Magic, B23 1+3 for 48%).

You could go into a series of options such as:
1. Baiting a wakeup attack: A simple though effective option because with the bomb on the ground, the opponent has a greater incentive to get out of the situation entirely. Certain wakeups (such as: Superman’s low scoop, Bane’s running charge, etc) can be punished by the exploding bomb itself.

2. Sweep: You could walk back a little bit and do his sweep, which will launch them due to the bomb. Very good option that could be mixed up with his B2, which creates a nice guessing game, since they are only 3 frames apart.

3. B2: You can mix this up with his sweep, but the nice thing about B2 is that it has far more range than his sweep. It allows you to walk much farther back and sets you up nicely for an AA attempt. B2 also creates a nice high-low blocking scenario similar to Doomsday’s ES.

4. Lightning: You could also choose to do B2~Lightning, which depending on your timing will launch the opponent. I recommend following up with D1~Black Magic, B2 1+3 option. In addition, you could choose to go for Ex-Lightning, but it is risky since you can knocked out of the attack.

5. Pushblock: Probably one of the best options because if the opponent chooses to start using advancing normals to get out of the situation (say Superman’s F23), you could pushblock them into the trap and they will get launched by the bomb.

6. Divekick: You can go for a divekick setup by either doing a neutral J2 or crossover J2 after the bomb has been placed. If you opt for the neutral J2, you could also create a mixup between close or far divekick because far divekick crossovers. The crossover J2 setup with any version of the divekick (so close or far) creates 2 crossups in the corner.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Man, just solidifying the fact that this will always be a world of dictators.

Excellent work, my friend.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
You know, instead of ending it with B23 1+3 you can probably make this into another cornet set up, if your opponent reacts the wrong way.

I just picked up Black Adam today and thought I was the first to think of this setup, but I guess I'm wrong lol. Here's a very brief breakdown of how to use it against Killer Frost. I don't know the character yet and I'm not completely familiar with all his options or anything, but here's my day 1 impressions of this setup vs. KF if anyone would like to give input on this? Think it works out fine but idk for sure.

I've been doing b23, 11~BM, 22b1~close bomb. From there, I hold low block briefly and transition to stand block as briefly as possible to try to fuzzy both slide and MB f3 from frost as she stands up. Here's a few scenarios that can happen:

• If KF tries to wakeup slide, you can block it and get a free MB f3 attempt. Timed perfectly, this looks like it could be a true unblockable (overhead and low hitting on the same frame), or at least very very close to it, within a few frames. It's probably like blocking Earth Shake in reverse, lol. If you block her slide and she tries to jump out, she will be hit by MB f3. Depending on the timing of Black Adam's f3, KF can sometimes jump out of this setup. It's tight and a complete guess for both characters. If you block her slide and she tries to immediately parry, she will be hit out of it for full combo.
  • If KF tries to wakeup parry, it will whiff and you can punish with full combo.
  • If KF does nothing, congrats you have them scared. You can do whatever the hell you want here.
  • If KF tries to Stand up, immediate MB f3 you will block it (if you fuzzy like I describe before the MB f3) and the bomb will launch for combo
There might be other viable options but I haven't gotten around to testing them yet. This seems like a really strong trap for Black Adam in this matchup from the little experience I have in training mode, does anyone else think this is viable/useful?

Truth

Noob
I think a good setup against KF's wakeup slide is to simply do a jump back delayed far divekick; if KF does a wakeup slide, it will autocorrect into a reverse close divekick, which you can MB for a full combo.

If she tries doing MB F3, you will get the far divekick to come out and since it times closely with the bomb it will blow her up.

Another thing to mention is if KF is just doing MB F3 to stop the setup, you could always just block first (in case of wakeup slide) and go straight into B2. You will end trading, but it works out in BA's favour because your trading 11% (3% from B2 which gets absorbed by the armor & 8% from the bomb which connects after KF is in recovery frames), while KF just burned a bar, plus she's still stuck in the corner.

You could always push block the wakeup slide for a full combo if you don't want to play a guessing game.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Truth Did you try setting the AI to roll on wakeup to test how safe you are?

EDIT: Also the combo I would recommend after B2 into bomb explosion and others where you have enough time is to do a b3 into a backwards hitting j2 to 22b1 or b23-u1+3 ender.

I think a good setup against KF's wakeup slide is to simply do a jump back delayed far divekick; if KF does a wakeup slide, it will autocorrect into a reverse close divekick, which you can MB for a full combo.

If she tries doing MB F3, you will get the far divekick to come out and since it times closely with the bomb it will blow her up.

Another thing to mention is if KF is just doing MB F3 to stop the setup, you could always just block first (in case of wakeup slide) and go straight into B2. You will end trading, but it works out in BA's favour because your trading 11% (3% from B2 which gets absorbed by the armor & 8% from the bomb which connects after KF is in recovery frames), while KF just burned a bar, plus she's still stuck in the corner.

You could always push block the wakeup slide for a full combo if you don't want to play a guessing game.
These are some good things to think about. Thanks for the input, I'll be adding this to my back pocket. :)

Truth

Noob
Truth Did you try setting the AI to roll on wakeup to test how safe you are?

EDIT: Also the combo I would recommend after B2 into bomb explosion and others where you have enough time is to do a b3 into a backwards hitting j2 to 22b1 or b23-u1+3 ender.
I just tested it and tech roll the initial bomb setup off Starter~Trait, 22B1, J2~Divekick, 22B1~Bomb is not good against most wakeups. However, if you remove the J2~Divekick from the setup, BA will be safe.

Also, I don't recommend the B3 combo off the bomb because B3~J2 combos are less damaging than J3~Divekick combos (B3 itself does 11%, which is the same as J3, but Divekick does 10% compared to the 7% off the J2).

In addition, I think the J3~Divekick combos are much simpler because you can delay the J3, whereas the B3 has to be hit confirmed right away (more potential to drop it).

Vocket

I just tested it and tech roll the initial bomb setup off Starter~Trait, 22B1, J2~Divekick, 22B1~Bomb is not good against most wakeups. However, if you remove the J2~Divekick from the setup, BA will be safe.

Also, I don't recommend the B3 combo off the bomb because B3~J2 combos are less damaging than J3~Divekick combos (B3 itself does 11%, which is the same as J3, but Divekick does 10% compared to the 7% off the J2).

In addition, I think the J3~Divekick combos are much simpler because you can delay the J3, whereas the B3 has to be hit confirmed right away (more potential to drop it).
Ah so J3~divekick does more damage thanks for the info. As for now I think that having to do 22b1 directly into bomb sacrifices too much damage, and nearly everyone does roll on wake up. I don't have the game to test right now but if I remember correctly this combo

22b1, j3~divekick, 113 or 112 (I forget)~bomb

is safe from deathstroke's 10 frame gunshots.
Anyways good job and I hope we can get to the dirty level that was cyrax bomb infinite :)

Error

DF2+R2
Ah so J3~divekick does more damage thanks for the info. As for now I think that having to do 22b1 directly into bomb sacrifices too much damage, and nearly everyone does roll on wake up. I don't have the game to test right now but if I remember correctly this combo

22b1, j3~divekick, 113 or 112 (I forget)~bomb

is safe from deathstroke's 10 frame gunshots.
Anyways good job and I hope we can get to the dirty level that was cyrax bomb infinite :)
Probably 113 or even 13, the 2 in 112 comes out too slow so it'd drop after that much gravity scaling in any combo

Vocket

After thorough testing and looking at all the frame data, MB Black Magic (db2) is the only move that allows you to safely setup a bomb in the corner if the AI is set to roll. If you don't want to hear the explanation then skip to to the bottom.

Black Magic gives 96 hit advantage, which is the highest of any of black adam's moves besides bomb itself. Close bomb has a recovery of 70 according to the frame data. This means any move that gives you 70 or more hit advantage should be safe, unfortunately it is not true as the frame data does not include rolls on knockdowns. This means that moves like b3 which give 72 hit advantage are only safe if the opponent does not roll.

I would love to know how rolls recover in this game, because going by the logic of MK9 they all recover at different times for different moves, making it very difficult to determine frames. For example, MB black magic gives 96 hit advantage and roll removes no more than 27 frames of recovery (tested with superman super and close bomb). On the other hand b3 gives 72 frames of hit advantge and roll removes atleast 2 frames of recovery.

This makes roll remove between 2-27 frames of recovery according to my calculations if rolls are universal. (I know this is a big gap but I did not want to test more before learning that rolls remove different frames depending on the move).

Anyways, the combo that maxes damage and allows a safe bomb setup is this:
22b1, j3~boot stomp, 1(1)~MB Black Magic, walk back a bit then close bomb 33%
This combo is completely safe from superman setup with roll on. It sacrifices lots of damage and 1 meter but hopefully we can discover more threatening bomb setups.

P.S Somberness save me =(