What's new

Video/Tutorial Black Adam 20% block string with double trait and full meter

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Sorry for the crappy quality.

Full Notation:
113~trait, f3, j1~MB fbs, j1 MB fbs, j1 MB fbs, j1 MB fbs, 113, d1~trait, 223, d1~hands. 20.43% chip damage

No gaps greater than 5 frames in this combo except for d1~trait into 223 (9 frame gap).
Should have just done d1~trait, d1~hands maybe I will record with a less blurry and better version.

It also builds exactly 1 bar of meter.

EDIT: Oops I put guide instead of video as the prefix can a mod change it. thanks

Vocket

Input backdash after 113 trait
He is in the corner and a f3 is about to rape him. They can backdash it and armor it for sure. If you think they will backdash you can just do b23, (nj1 if they were caught standing) instant cross up boot stomp, or 11/22 and those have no gaps. This is just a fun combo to show that you can do 2 traits in one combo

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He is in the corner and a f3 is about to rape him. They can backdash it and armor it for sure. If you think they will backdash you can just do b23, (nj1 if they were caught standing) instant cross up boot stomp, or 11/22 and those have no gaps. This is just a fun combo to show that you can do 2 traits in one combo
You can backdash in the corner.

You can input moves during blockstun as pseudo option selects, when pressured you can be mashing D1 and if there's a gap or string cut short then D1 comes out, if not, d1 will not come out and you'll still be blocking.

This can be done with a backdash as well.

Vocket

You can backdash in the corner.

You can input moves during blockstun as pseudo option selects, when pressured you can be mashing D1 and if there's a gap or string cut short then D1 comes out, if not, d1 will not come out and you'll still be blocking.

This can be done with a backdash as well.
Ok f3 perfectly timed beats corpse charge but can be backdashed. However the opponent is still at disadavantage because i tried to corpse charge after backdash and black adam's 1 jab beat it. Then again if you are crazy enough to backdash in the corner be my guest.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ok f3 perfectly timed beats corpse charge but can be backdashed. However the opponent is still at disadavantage because i tried to corpse charge after backdash and black adam's 1 jab beat it. Then again if you are crazy enough to backdash in the corner be my guest.
That is character specific. luthor doesnt have a great backdash, someone like superman would punish you for half life

Vocket

That is character specific. luthor doesnt have a great backdash, someone like superman would punish you for half life
Or you could just read the backdash and do 22b1 for full combo. Anyways 113~trait into f3 is not foolproof and is not even my favorite continuation. The best one is to just do instant cross up boot stomp, and that has absolutely no gap if you do it right and you are at advantage even if they block it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Or you could just read the backdash and do 22b1 for full combo. Anyways 113~trait into f3 is not foolproof and is not even my favorite continuation. The best one is to just do instant cross up boot stomp, and that has absolutely no gap if you do it right and you are at advantage even if they block it.
Did you not understand what I was telling you? Backdash will not come out in that case because there will be no gap...

Vocket

I just tested superman and he indeed does have a faster backdash. Unfortunately it does not have as much invulnerability so you cannot buffer like I did with lex. You have to time it perfectly, and even then, it was impossible for me to punish BA's whiffed f3

Vocket

Did you not understand what I was telling you? Backdash will not come out in that case because there will be no gap...
I understand your option select, you mash bbbbbb and if they do a string you block it, and if they try something with a gap you backdash it. I said cross up boot stomp was the best option imo because if they are doing that option select they cannot block the other way.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I just tested superman and he indeed does have a faster backdash. Unfortunately it does not have as much invulnerability so you cannot buffer like I did with lex. You have to time it perfectly, and even then, it was impossible for me to punish BA's whiffed f3
All backdashes have the same invulnerability. You can super the whiffed F3

Vocket

All backdashes have the same invulnerability. You can super the whiffed F3
That doesn't quite count as punishable to me. F3 is a good thing to do after 113 trait, and no one but superman can punish it, (unless they armor through the gap)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That doesn't quite count as punishable to me. F3 is a good thing to do after 113 trait, and no one but superman can punish it, (unless they armor through the gap)
F3 is a gimmick when it gives you almost nothing and can let them out for free if they know how to deal with it when you can get divekick/overhead mixups to get actual reward.

Vocket

F3 is a gimmick when it gives you almost nothing and can let them out for free if they know how to deal with it when you can get divekick/overhead mixups to get actual reward.
Hey I get you the only reason I used f3 in my combo was to make time for trait to regenerate. It does not let them out for free because I just learned that you can change the timing of f3 a bit to catch their backdash. Of course, they can now just jab you out but it becomes a mixup, a crappy mixup at that which has bad risk/reward ratio.

One good thing about f3 is that you can do nj1 on tall characters and they cannot duck it. (really hard to to do though)

Vocket

You can dash under Black Adams F3 after 113~trait.
You can also backdash in between a non frame perfect j1 bootstomp, in between f3 and j1, between 113 to d1~trait, and between d1~trait to d1 hands. The point of my combo was that you can literally do four j1 boot stomp mixups in a row, and with enough time for another trait.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
You can also backdash in between a non frame perfect j1 bootstomp, in between f3 and j1, between 113 to d1~trait, and between d1~trait to d1 hands. The point of my combo was that you can literally do four j1 boot stomp mixups in a row, and with enough time for another trait.
Backdashing out of frame traps is not something anyone can do reliably. You can dash under BA's F3 quite reliably though.

Vocket

Backdashing out of frame traps is not something anyone can do reliably. You can dash under BA's F3 quite reliably though.
You can backdash d1 after 113 and d1 trait quite easily if you just keep spamming back. You can change the timing of f3 to be more tricky, but I admit my block string is not 100% legit. You should read my discussion with qwark above and it was nice to share info about ba's frame traps and combo options.

This next video is for you and qwark. It shows that you cannot d1 out of f3 and that mashing bbbbbb does indeed help you escape. BA remains unpunisable except with super. Still it's a pretty shit situation to go to from being at +22 or whatever from 113 trait to minus but still safe.

The best way to do the f3 gimmick would be to mix it up with instant cross over boot stomp. They are both roughly the same speed so should remain unfuzzyable, especally if you throw in b23 and close boot stomps.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
You can backdash d1 after 113 and d1 trait quite easily if you just keep spamming back. You can change the timing of f3 to be more tricky, but I admit my block string is not 100% legit. You should read my discussion with qwark above and it was nice to share info about ba's frame traps and combo options.

This next video is for you and qwark. It shows that you cannot d1 out of f3 and that mashing bbbbbb does indeed help you escape. BA remains unpunisable except with super. Still it's a pretty shit situation to go to from being at +22 or whatever from 113 trait to minus but still safe.

The best way to do the f3 gimmick would be to mix it up with instant cross over boot stomp. They are both roughly the same speed so should remain unfuzzyable, especally if you throw in b23 and close boot stomps.

Im saying you FORWARD DASH underneath Black Adam when he does F3. He lifts off the ground with the animation and you can just go straight under him.

Vocket

Im saying you FORWARD DASH underneath Black Adam when he does F3. He lifts off the ground with the animation and you can just go straight under him.
Now it becomes a guess and not an option select. Forward dash is a full punish for f3 (strangely enough I remember this because while testing with flash his flying uppercut would go past my f3 every time) but BA can do a full punish with a simple 22b1.

It always remains a mixup, but having to guess between backdash, forward dash, and jabs is quite shitty. Not to mention that doing a f3 that can't be reversaled is quite hard.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yeah i get what the mixup is, but they are just going to block. Theres no reason for them to try and escape after a 113~trait because its around +20 on block.

What im saying is your thread is about a blockstring coming off "113~trait, f3.." and its already been found and tested that you can dash to escape.