What's new

Biohazard is the Hero of the Week

Warning: For those intending to watch this week's Kombat Cup, this article contains some spoilers.

For those who haven't made their way into the Mortal Kombat 11 Pro Series Top 12, the LCQ in Chicago on March 7 offers a last chance to make it into the series finals. The story going into this week's edition of the Kombat Cup Road to LCQ qualifier (the second of three) centered around the threat of Jacqui Briggs, represented by Sooneo (Next Gen variation), Jueks (Upgraded and 1st Round KO variations), Rio (Upgraded) and LoveThoughts (who played mostly Kabal, but also a bit of Jacqui).

The narrative quickly changed, though, as Canadian native Biohazard put on a show that electrified the week's Top 8, and had the stream chat on the edge of their collective seats. Known for his exciting play in a few past NRS titles, Bio has generated enthusiasm to date by playing a block of exciting characters: Bane in Injustice: Gods Among Us, Ferra Torr (and a bit of Kano) in MKX. Although he had a small roster of mostly high-tier characters in Injustice 2, Bio is back to his people's hero roots for MK11, now mostly playing the much-maligned Kano.

And play Kano he did. Accompanied by some enthusiastic exhortations from hosts Mr. Aquaman and Destroyer, Bio showcased the results of weeks of studying matchups and eking every bit of life out of his character. As the chat shouted with excitement, he put on a display of flawless blocks, absolute max-range overhead read after read, and numerous improbable comebacks. Running a Jacqui gauntlet with several notable players, his top-tier display of fundamentals and sheer guts was a treat to view.

The Kombat Cup has been a fantastic barometer of community interest thus far, breaking 7000 viewers during the first week, and surpassing 10k views on each of this week's two showings.

If you missed this week, you owe it to yourself to check out the VOD of the Top 8:

And if you only have time to check out a single set, the matches between Biohazard and LoveThoughts were fantastic and well worth the watch:

Enormous kudos to Biohazard, and for his thrilling display of character virtuosity, I'd like to nominate him as the hero of the week.

Last edited:

Comments

Damn crimson. Not trying to hate but...for all the times you were commenting about jacqui being balanced...that sure is a lot of jacquis goin on there lol. Kombat cup is dope tho. Good to see the momentum is still going for mk11 even after evo debacle.

Damn crimson. Not trying to hate but...for all the times you were commenting about jacqui being balanced...that sure is a lot of jacquis goin on there lol. Kombat cup is dope tho. Good to see the momentum is still going for mk11 even after evo debacle.
Luckily the Kano-Jacqui MU is 10-0 ;)

Thank you Bio
She might be broke

None of you think kano is insane? Like the community doesnt think he bottom right?
Also @CrimsonShadow we gotta have a real conversation about what is the value of "views" I'm not arguing for the sake of argument not hating or nothing eventually if as a community were gonna link we gotta speak the same language.
Games far from dead and this is lit love bio. However lol

Lol i misread the title into "Blizzard is the hero of the week" and I'm like "oh no not another w3 reforged discussion again"
Anyway, I have always been enjoying Bio's characters since Injustice 1 (Bane, F&T, Kano, Bane, Kano). Watching his old games makes me sad a little bit because he wasn't as successful as other players

If BioHazard is the hero of the week, who is the fool of the week? :REO

In all seriousness, I definitely have to catch up on these matches when I get home.