What's new

Bike kick help

Rizzo

Noob
Hey I have trouble with doing Liu Kang's bike kick. I only manage to do it at the very start of a round, because I hold the button in before the match starts. But during the match I would hold lk in and let go after a couple of seconds, let go, and nothing.

What helps you do the kick more often?

dreemernj

Ambassador
And the bike kick can't cancel any other moves except the punches. So if you do a move and don't give it enough time to recover before releasing LK the bike kick won't happen.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
dreemernj said:
And the bike kick can't cancel any other moves except the punches. So if you do a move and don't give it enough time to recover before releasing LK the bike kick won't happen.
Does this work differently for the other "button release" special moves? I think some of them can activate while you are blocking... and I think most of them work while you are crouching.

i don't think you can. I tried the cannonball and the bike kick right after releasing block and it wouldn't work. I hope you don't have to wait for the block animation to finish before pulling something off.