What's new

Biggest NRS surprises?

I didn't play much injustice 2 but Definetly agree with Freddy on mk9. Also Rain not sure how much of it leaked but I've never been more hype for a character. I quickly turned in to one of those guys that proclaimed "I'm maining him when he comes out for sure" then played with him for about a month and went back to johnny cage

Thingy

Retired account
Biggest surprise for me was the reveal of MK Vs DC Universe. It felt like a joke that was a reality, and it was all so confusing and disappointing. :oops:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Kombat Pack 2.

That was the 100% best.

I still remember wondering
"What the hell are Quan Chi and Ermac doing walking through the woods?"
AND HERE COMES LEATHERFACE WITH THE CHAINSAW TO ERMAC'S GUTS

mook

Noob
I gotta agree and say TMNT in Injustice 2. That was completely unexpected and they were really well done imo, Raph was tons of fun to play.

Can‘t imagine I‘m gonna be pleasantly surprised like that by MK11s dlc lol

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Kombat Pack 2.

That was the 100% best.

I still remember wondering
"What the hell are Quan Chi and Ermac doing walking through the woods?"
AND HERE COMES LEATHERFACE WITH THE CHAINSAW TO ERMAC'S GUTS
I remember so many ppl wete bashing on Leatherface's inclusion into the game

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
MK11 system and gameplaywise.

I can't stop thinking this has to be directly torwards me and a few more people, i have been among the ones that always wanted them to make an MK game with a very competitive system, an insane training mode, and the amount of threads i did toward this, every single one of the things i requested a far from a very few are in this game, this even includes their tackle in tutorial mode.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
When in mk9 entire skillsets of zoning completely ignored my main's immunity to zoning (the excuse why she had shit normals) which in turn made her one of the worst characters on the roster.

And then she got nerfed again.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Well I was really late to the party on it and didn't know if it was leaked prior to its official announcement or not but when I found out The Predator was a playable character in MKX I shit my pants and bought the game that day.
I hope you took a shower before playing.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
IMO the biggest surprise (that didn't leak) was the TMNT in Injustice 2... followed by Freddy in MK9.

What's your take?
My biggest surprise from NetherRealm was:
Tremor, Freddy, Predator and Alien. Triborg got me as well since I wasn't expecting that and robots are some of my favorite characters.
Spawn takes the cake though, to have spawn in an MK is a dream come true.