What's new

Bigfool (Piercing Mileena/Kobu Jutsu Tanya) Wins Glasgow Kombat Weekly #9

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Two weeks. That's how long Bigfool had been off for this time, and this week saw him return not only with his signature Kobu Jutsu Tanya but also his original main Piercing Mileena! Battering his way through winners he found himself in another grand finals and continued the tradition Superjohn started by denying his opponent the reset to close out the week's competition for the win speedily. We also decided to try out what a lot of people have been wanting to see from MKX competition - 3 out of 5 all the way! From the first match to grand finals, every match was played as a best of 5 set. For some it helped, giving them the opportunity to make the comeback and win the set, but for others it cost them big time. Check out the archive and find out what happened for yourself :D

This week saw Suleymon, Rareqq and Superjohn missing unfortunately but with a still solid turnout (for us anyway) of 8 people there were still plenty of hype matches to be had. Azarath, Rocket and Ricey returned along with Bigfool this week and brought with them some unexpected variation choices and memorable moments!

Here's your top 3 for this week:
1st. Bigfool (Kobu Jutsu Tanya / Piercing Mileena)
2nd. Nausea (Master of Souls Ermac)
3rd. Youphemism (Special Forces Sonya / Cybernetic Kano / Hat Trick Kung Lao / Necromancer Shinnok / Hollywood Cassie Cage)

From left to right: Youphemism (looking strangely demonic thanks to the blur), Bigfool (looking like he's going to tell a scary campfire story), Nausea (being the only one who looks relatively normal in the picture lol)

Commiserations to:
Redking (Hish-Qu-Ten Predator)
Scott the Scot (Outlaw Erron Black / Grandmaster Sub Zero / Relentless Jason / Hollywood Cassie Cage / Dragon's Fire Liu Kang)
Ricey (Thunder God Raiden / Hollywood Cassie Cage / Full Auto Jacqui Briggs)
Rocket (Hellfire Scorpion / Shirai Ryu Takeda)
Azarath (Venomous D'Vorah)

For the full bracket click here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow9

Comebacks! Counterpicks! Flawless victories! Three different people playing Hollywood Cassie and none of them winning! Awesome-looking conversions! Hype down-to-the-wire moments! All these and more in our archive below! (There was some trouble with the recording so we lost Ricey vs Scott the Scot and Nausea vs Redking in losers but everything else is there :) )

In the spirit of the recurring idea that MKX has too many 50/50s I decided to add one more to the mix and have a Best Guesser competition! Each of the attendees for this week was asked "How many variations do you think were used this week?" and the person who got the closest to the correct answer would be this week's Best Guesser.
This week's winner is Ricey who actually got the number on the dot with 18! Congrats Ricey, have a star:

Of course if there are more Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! You don't even have to take part in the tournament if you don't want to, you're welcome to come play casuals in MK9, Injustice or MKX with us all night if that's what you prefer. Either way we're to help you out as much as we can because it helps us too :) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here:http://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm. If you're getting the train go to Glasgow Central then get another to High Street, MaxXP is just round the corner! Entry fee is £3. Tournament signups start at 6pm and the tournament starts at 6:30pm.

@BigFool
@Nausea
@Red King
@Scott The Scot
@Rocket
@Azxrath.
@SuperJohn
@Rearawt
@VSTheJanitor
@Wigy
@Hawfy
@PND_Mustard
@PND_Ketchup

Attachments

Youphemism

Are you trying to out-forever-king forever king?
Scott played 5 too ;) But nah I usually play Cyber for at least the Cassie matchup, I've been playing SF as a secondary a lot more lately, I played Necro to see how well Bigfool could handle the matchup but he knew how to get past the zoning well so I switched to Hat Trick, won a game and lost the next one. I played Cassie against Nausea because I didn't think I was going to win with Cyber and I ended up getting a ton of missed/mistimed inputs as HW which cost me the match :(

Also who's forever king?

Nausea

Soul Ascended
GG's lads! Mileena got me by surprise! Looking forward to this week! Tomorrows local and Saturdays tournament!

Best bring the A game :DOGE

Youphemism

Tomorrow is definitely going to be important, the winner's going to carry that momentum going to Kirkcaldy!