What's new

Big D's Evo Recap

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Take nothing away from the eventual winner Rewind but, for me, the hypest part of Evo 2018 was Big D's run. An Ivy main, in my Top 8? Apparently yes! In a scene where the predominant trend is either pick Starfire or Fate or go on Twitter to throw a tantrum about Starfire or Fate and announce you're leaving the scene only to not do so, turns out actually putting the work in gets results. Who knew.

Should I switch to Starfire or Fate? Oh no, that's right I've actually put work into my character and not just whined on Twitter.

Big D got the absolute utmost out of his character and locked down some characters that people don't pay enough attention to and some that people pay way too much attention to. Tracking his run from pools to Top 8, you see one of the hypest, most endearing and engaging tournament runs in the history of the scene, coming from basically out of nowhere to the biggest stage of all, all while sticking to one character, and a mid tier one at that.

NRS's very own jacked Cinderella and mid tier hero gives the rundown and recap on his amazing Evo run here, from strats to training to a play by play of his run, that INSANE match with Tweedy...and just in case you aren't rooting for the guy already, he dedicates to the whole thing to his grandma. I mean there's babyface and there's babyface.

Huge shout outs and congrats from all of us here at TYM to Big D! As always, check back to TYM every day for all the latest on Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat and everything NRS!