What's new

Match-up Discussion Beyond the Grave: Tombstone's MU Chart

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Noob/NW is 5-5. Man has one good run in casuals and all a sudden its in favor of NW when we've agreed it's 5-5 a good while ago.

WTF you smoking down in Boca Big D?
I was trying to give you credit for being a good player, but hey, I guess not everyone wants their props. Back to 5-5 it is.

And I smoked crack.

D. R.

Noob
I was trying to give you credit for being a good player, but hey, I guess not everyone wants their props. Back to 5-5 it is.

And I smoked crack.

COME ON NOW, we all know I'm not good. MADZIN is the best Noob in the multiverse! Ask HIM!!!!!!

I smoked heroin laced meth sprinkled crack stuffed speedballs right before I typed that. Why would I do such a thing??

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
He said that Flamethrower keeps Nightwolf at bay so how else would I keep him at bay with Flamethrower?

I think we need to think about this match up more.
why would you want to keep him at bay? wtf is he going to do when he gets in?all his strings push you away or leave him negative on block.sektor detroys nightwolf upclose,use forward 2 man.

Hmm. I was thinking about counter picking Cyrax with nightwolf, but this chart makes that look like a bad idea. I'm not really sure I understand why, so can someone help me out?

I'm honestly having a hard time figuing out what Cyrax would do to NW if the NW just stood still and held block. cyrax throws a bomb, lightning. that should allow time to avoid the bomb, and the recovery would make cyrax get knocked down, no? If you have meter and he throws a bomb, EX lightning ~ full punish. or just shoulder dash the bombs, EX shoulder dash from range. Net = reflect obviously. Teleport = 1111111 shoulder dash, or axe, B2 Axe 1 ,1 ,1 shoulder dash. If he just jumps in at you, axe ~ full punish or standing jabs. If you aren't spaced right to land the axe or the standing jabs and didn't read the jump for an air to air puish, you could just shoulder dash underneath him and make him wiff the jump in / cross over.

I'm having a tough time understanding why a nightwolf player wouldn't be able to punish cyrax for almost everything on reaction from a standing blockign position.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Hmm. I was thinking about counter picking Cyrax with nightwolf, but this chart makes that look like a bad idea. I'm not really sure I understand why, so can someone help me out?

I'm honestly having a hard time figuing out what Cyrax would do to NW if the NW just stood still and held block. cyrax throws a bomb, lightning. that should allow time to avoid the bomb, and the recovery would make cyrax get knocked down, no? If you have meter and he throws a bomb, EX lightning ~ full punish. or just shoulder dash the bombs, EX shoulder dash from range. Net = reflect obviously. Teleport = 1111111 shoulder dash, or axe, B2 Axe 1 ,1 ,1 shoulder dash. If he just jumps in at you, axe ~ full punish or standing jabs. If you aren't spaced right to land the axe or the standing jabs and didn't read the jump for an air to air puish, you could just shoulder dash underneath him and make him wiff the jump in / cross over.

I'm having a tough time understanding why a nightwolf player wouldn't be able to punish cyrax for almost everything on reaction from a standing blockign position.
trying to counterpick cyrax with nightwolf is suicide.cyrax can easily avoid lightning with that stupid jump grab and if your going to stand there and block he's going to throw bombs all day and just walk in and d4 you to death.even if cyrax did just stand there and let the lightning hit him its so slow that you havent got time to move away from the bombs and by that time he's recovered and started a juggle.i mean his only weapon really is to ex shoulder through the nets but what are you going to do afterwards?and its a waste of meter,seeing as nw doesnt really have any decent ex moves you'd be far better off saving your meter for breaker especially fighting cyrax. the match is truely terrible for nightwolf,i mean 1 ducked shoulder and thats 80% life gone.someone can proberly go into more detail better than i can but i doubt any nightwolf player will disagree with me.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

If Cyrax turtles its your only chance. Pray you get the first hit cause you dont have much of a chance to build meter. Also if you run out of meter your pretty much fucked...

cyrax footsies are much better than NW and there is the trouble. all his strings are neutral on block and he has a 6 fram d1. his d4 leads to command grabs and pressure. NW has a fairly large hitbox which makes it harder.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
Nightwolf vs Kratos match up should be 7-3...
F3 starter destroys Kratos parry & NW can freely bully him.
Reflect destroys Kratos projectile & counter projectile.
Here you can zone out Kratos with Rambo shot (yes!!)
NW beats up Johnny Cage's nightmare match up, Kratos!