What's new

BETA Technical Feedback

Xelz

Go over there!
I didn't notice a thread on this already, and oddly I couldn't find a mechanism on NRS's website to report bugs or technical issues with the beta, so I figured it might be useful to have a place where we can discuss technical feedback. Keep in mind this topic is for technical discussions, not about game play balance, game mode suggestions, etc. (Mods, feel free to merge/delete this thread if one already exists).

Here's what I've seen so far based on my experience in the closed and open betas:

What's working:
  • Netcode has been tremendously good, only a small handful of matches have had any slowdown
  • Wifi and ethernet connection display during opponent selection is the new gold standard
Potential bugs:
  • Every online character "outro" stutters at the beginning of the animation. This happens regardless of my connection to the opponent, whether they're on wifi or not, and after matches that play flawlessly with no apparent lag or slowdown. For what it's worth, I'm on a Xbox One X connected via ethernet to my router, with ping generally between 10-25ms and low jitter. Outros don't stutter while playing single player Tower of Time matches
Probably working as intended but feels like a bug:
  • I saw at least one fatality from Jade that transitioned from fatality to character outro, while other fatalities end with the fatality
  • Flawless victory not credited/mentioned after a fatality (I believe NRS/Boon said they're looking into this)

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yeah I had a match that had a fairly stable connection but during one of Kabal's outros there would be a lot of slowdown.

Netcode feels stupidly good though, like even in the worst connection where we were clearly losing frames the inputs still felt smooth as butter.

trufenix

bye felicia
I've just had one bug happen to me so far.

I did Jade's uppercut Brutality right as Scorpion tried to do his Fatal Blow which resulted in his sword glitching like this. Kinda funny though. :p
Its been in since the stress test unfortunately, I did it a few times with Baraka. I think it happened on Kombat Kast stream once too. Seems like anytime you d2 brutal Scorpion with his sword out that happens. during the b+1 stringer ender, before the f+4,2 ender, I gotta re-watch my footage.

Its looks really funny when he's using one of the glowy swords.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.

I did Jade's uppercut Brutality right as Scorpion tried to do his Fatal Blow which resulted in his sword glitching like this. Kinda funny though. :p
Had the same thing happened to me! I haven't uploaded the screenshot yet, but later today i'll try to.

Edit: Just saw the reply above, guess there's no need for me to upload anything :D

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Yep happens with Kabal as well every time he gets his head popped off.

Also noticed the intros lagging in the beginning and the fatalities and brutalities are a bit long, like it takes a while to get to the rematch screen which is a bit annoying.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Am I blind or does the game not have win / loss / tie values when playing long sets of rematches?

Arzumis

Noob
I dont know if this counts as technical feedback but when your opponent runs out of health and it says finish him, it pauses the game and it becomes really hard to not drop that combo.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I don't have any images, unfortunately, but Kabal runs and gets stuck in various objects during his win pose on Shang Tsung's Island. It's really funny though.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I played a match on klassical towers with Kabal and I was able to do the KB throw twice, on the same round. I did it mid round and I finish the oponnent with the throw, which gave me the same KB, but it ended fast like it wasn't suppose to happen.

Isn't it just one KB each per match?

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I have a Ps4Pro and am playing on a 1080p monitor with supersampling enabled, I have noticed strange visuals isues with flickering objects, almost looks like the whole image shines or glows randomly.

I played a match on klassical towers with Kabal and I was able to do the KB throw twice, on the same round. I did it mid round and I finish the oponnent with the throw, which gave me the same KB, but it ended fast like it wasn't suppose to happen.

Isn't it just one KB each per match?
You mean krushing blow or fatal blow?

stokedAF

casual kahnage
The sound still buzzes sometimes like it’s lagging but it’s the same build from the stress test so I’m not worried about it. That’s the only thing I’ve noticed.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
You mean krushing blow or fatal blow?
krushing blow, both of them happened during my throw

BUT

MAYBE it was just me playing around and it was DB4 KB then a throw KB and I thought it was the same KB again, I can't say for sure

is there a requirement for the throw KB?

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Have had problems with it reverting to stress test and missing kabal and jade but saw a fix for that without restarting game.

Audio issues galore at the end of both rounds.

I saw someone tweet about wired connections being glitched. Have had matches with people supposedly wired in but it ends up pinging at 300 or more. Not sure if this is because someone from outside the US is playing on a console with US settings or what but it's a bummer.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I have a Ps4Pro and am playing on a 1080p monitor with supersampling enabled, I have noticed strange visuals isues with flickering objects, almost looks like the whole image shines or glows randomly.
Maybe you are seeing the interactable objects? Those have an outline glow when you’re in range to press R1.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Anyone else feel like Barakas Flag intro is like 10 times louder than everything else? I'm wearing headphones and any time someone uses that intro I get deafened.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Lower pings should have a lower input lag setting. That's my only gripe so far. I'm hearing its locked at 3 frames.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Jade's B12 doesn't seem to always combo. Specifically I had it happen twice against a Scarlet I was playing against. I saw someone else mention this might only be online? (weird)