What's new

[BETA] Jade's Frame Data - Not too impressive

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
https://imgur.com/KsYfITI

She's negative on everything and slowish on startup on most things by MK standards.
Could someone who's playing the game take a closer look at what's going on with her frames in comparison to other characters?

If this is the new standard that's okay, but as someone who's stuck with her through thick and thin in mk9, I'm a bit concerned.

Note that I'm not trying to start anything just kinda raised brows and tongue in cheek worried right now.

@Espio

Espio

Kokomo
Given this is a beta, I think it would be best to take most of this stuff good or bad with a grain of salt.

For example, Blue Beetle's shield bash was full combo punishable in the beta, but in the final build it was only -4 with PUSHBACK so I wouldn't over invest emotionally in what is currently presented but even if this is the final product, most characters don't seem that overdone fast.

I posted in the actual frame data thread about all of her staggers, good strings and normals.

Back 3,4,3,4 being plus five is dope as an 11 frame mid with the ability to stagger safely in multiple places with back 1 by itself as a -2 stagger. Her low is decent/safe, back 2 does its job. She has several safe mids and her staff stuff seems good in neutral/good spacing scenarios. She has multiple mids up close to deal with opponents and okay pokes in this build.

Everything in MK11 seems less "impressive" for multiple characters not just Jade. She's gonna have to win the neutral and play well, but she seems reasonably equipped to do so at this time.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Knowing MK o23 startup and -19 on block overhead sounds realistic, but really unfair I think. Still people will be caught blocking low up close.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Interesting. Not what I expected, so I'm not sure what to think at the moment. Need to play out a few hundred games first to call it.

Given this is a beta, I think it would be best to take most of this stuff good or bad with a grain of salt.

For example, Blue Beetle's shield bash was full combo punishable in the beta, but in the final build it was only -4 with PUSHBACK so I wouldn't over invest emotionally in what is currently presented but even if this is the final product, most characters don't seem that overdone fast.

I posted in the actual frame data thread about all of her staggers, good strings and normals.

Back 3,4,3,4 being plus five is dope as an 11 frame mid with the ability to stagger safely in multiple places with back 1 by itself as a -2 stagger. Her low is decent/safe, back 2 does its job. She has several safe mids and her staff stuff seems good in neutral/good spacing scenarios. She has multiple mids up close to deal with opponents and okay pokes in this build.

Everything in MK11 seems less "impressive" for multiple characters not just Jade. She's gonna have to win the neutral and play well, but she seems reasonably equipped to do so at this time.
Do any of the strings have gaps in them? The B3434, 212, F343, or 124?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
She has run cancels so some of those negative frames could possibly be plus.

It's the beta though so anything can change.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
She’s safer than Scorpion. It seems a lot of characters in MK11 have less safe stuff than in previous games. Which is a good thing imo. Footsies are key in this gamw.
Yeah, I'm still stuck in the MKX mindset when it comes to that.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Her 7f jab its +20 on hit which allows her heavy advantage post jab, its by far the biggest 7f jab advantage in the game so far, broke Johnny and Cassie's record, her d1 and d3 are both -4 and her b4 its -2 on block, i've seen characters in MK 11 frame data with way worse than this.
How is that not impressive?

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
She is not what I was hoping for at all. Damage potential is not the best. Lot of her gear moves are a little gimmicky and she has like...no pressure.

Maybe with training mode I'll get better but she seems very meat and potatoes in neutral so far. Not as exciting. I'll mess around with the pole vault cancels later.

I was hoping gear could make her more aggressive but she is DEFINITELY a defensive char.
Which was stated in Kombat Kast. He was never mentioned to be a rush character. Even Cage isn’t a rushdown charaxter anymore

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm talking as a whole. She's still heavily defensive overall. I was hoping gear move would shift her playstyle more and it's just not meshing with me at all. Like I said probably change with training mode. But I like Scarlett more for zoning and restands. Better zoning too imo.
Skarlet can do a little bit of everything she could do in MK9, Skarlet isn't just a zoning character, she is strong at mid-long range and you can equip a few things to that allows her to multi-task

You shouldn't tackling both characters on the same manner.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Frame data is worthless without context. Not only do you not know what the normals can do, you don't know the matchups.