What's new

Best way to use Skeletal Boost

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
I'm all about SB, posted a few videos a couple of months back about what I learned about it, but on this topic...

I sat here and tried both njps (splat and bounce) . Exactly like you said, after a splat you get the same effect as trying to boost in trance...where you just start sweeping. The timing is a bit strict on it, its gotta be done as the opponent is recovering (aka standing, rolling, wake up attack. ).

On the bounce njp, you can actually get away with performing the boost immediately! And on top of it you have time to block. Only issue with that? If you even take chip damage you lose any boost you got.

I think what we have here, is something you can throw into a match and pretty much just hope for a wtf moment. Against sub, his slide hit me out of SB before I could block (after splat) however, against a human player that may not see it coming, I don't think anyone in their right mind is gonna throw out the superhero full screen wake up slide..at least not until they learn what it is your doing. Then, as soup said, this can easily become bait.

Good post. Keep bringing Quan and SB some much needed love

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
What do you guys think about finishing a combo with ex skull into boost? Yeah, you have to burn meter, but you can do it instantly without have to worry about if fizzling or not being inputted. I suppose the frames might be close to recovery of an uppercut so this could very well be useless.

Damn i can't believe I've never thought of this before. I can see this working well against many characters, especially ones with shit for wake up, like Liu or Jax. Good stuff!
It works against everyone I found this out long ago but it took a min for test your might to register my account guarantee a health boost. Once respected damage boost if you time it for a split sec later.

snort

Noob
It works against everyone I found this out long ago but it took a min for test your might to register my account guarantee a health boost. Once respected damage boost if you time it for a split sec later.
Actually it doesnt work against everyone. And stop lying about finding this a long time ago.