What's new

Best way to take down a robo-smoke

xmimic said:
has anyone played bukk4k3 J ? this guy has one insane rsmoke.. i find it funny he isnt in any umk3 forums since he is prolly the best i have ever played.
I played him. Im in the same boat as Red here. He's good, the first few times you play him, but he's too predictable.

xmimic

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
xmimic said:
has anyone played bukk4k3 J ? this guy has one insane rsmoke.. i find it funny he isnt in any umk3 forums since he is prolly the best i have ever played.
I played him. Im in the same boat as Red here. He's good, the first few times you play him, but he's too predictable.
yea i was ready for him the second time but i was nervouse and couldnt pull off any Hsmoke combos.. ill be ready though. he does use a pattern.

but he still gets more % out of rsmoke than anyone i have seen.

this would be a very interesting match:

Reptile (Shock) vs. Rsmoke (Bukk4k3 J) mm.. toasty.

What I usually do against him is Sweep, autocombo, pretend like you're gonna rush, trurtle and wait for a TP, then counter. He always tries to run into you and get a couple throws right off the bat, right?

xmimic

Noob
TheRedPsychosis said:
What I usually do against him is Sweep, autocombo, pretend like you're gonna rush, trurtle and wait for a TP, then counter. He always tries to run into you and get a couple throws right off the bat, right?
yep.. he predicts my rushes.. that would deffinently work. but i really dont think you can count on his TP's.. he only TP's if he counters an air attack. he waits till your falling back.. and the second you are his fist is flying up your ass. besides that he does his best to send a harpoon when your not expecting it.

i bet you 1,000 dollars he is reading this laughing his ass off.. lol he sounds like a cool guy..

When I play R. Smoke, I like to pick H. Smoke just because of his punisher. I'm not talking about the aaHpHp Spear. I mean

aaHpHp, JK, TP, Spear, HK, LP, walk in uppercut (56%?)

not really sure how much.

xmimic said:
TheRedPsychosis said:
yep.. he predicts my rushes.. that would deffinently work. but i really dont think you can count on his TP's.. he only TP's if he counters an air attack. he waits till your falling back.. and the second you are his fist is flying up your ass. besides that he does his best to send a harpoon when your not expecting it.

i bet you 1,000 dollars he is reading this laughing his ass off.. lol he sounds like a cool guy..
Who do you play as? If you're any good with Kabal he gets pissed when you do a spin at the start and relaunch him to no end. :lol:

Kazlaz

Noob
TheRedPsychosis said:
I'm still mastering my relaunches.. but I usualy do a 49% counter using aaHP, spin, aaHP, aaHP, JK, AFB. I wish I could ply more robosmoke noobs. All I get are a ton of Usubs and the occasional Nightwolf that kicks my ass.

Best way to beat them is run, block, run, block and fake rush them, punish them after spear or teleport. Works 90% of the time. There's a couple exceptions with people that are good with robo moke.

are you stalking me your sigs a little weird lol

kazlaz said:
TheRedPsychosis said:
I'm still mastering my relaunches.. but I usualy do a 49% counter using aaHP, spin, aaHP, aaHP, JK, AFB. I wish I could ply more robosmoke noobs. All I get are a ton of Usubs and the occasional Nightwolf that kicks my ass.

Best way to beat them is run, block, run, block and fake rush them, punish them after spear or teleport. Works 90% of the time. There's a couple exceptions with people that are good with robo moke.

are you stalking me your sigs a little weird lol
I just remember the topic, and how I was laughing for like five minutes at that. So I sigged it to cherish the moment, consider yourself.. special or something? :t

xmimic

Noob
TheRedPsychosis said:
xmimic said:
TheRedPsychosis said:

Who do you play as? If you're any good with Kabal he gets pissed when you do a spin at the start and relaunch him to no end. :lol:
im ussually Hsmoke but just because he screams YOUR MIMICING ME AGAIN AAAHHH.. its funny as hell.

Rockzilla220 said:
When I play R. Smoke, I like to pick H. Smoke just because of his punisher. I'm not talking about the aaHpHp Spear. I mean

LOL, what about those who don't do his teleport uppercut unless they chain it off an air combo or from full screen when their opponent throws a projectile like me? :lol: But its true though, a lot of Robo Smoke players like to throw the teleport uppercut randomly.

Boostjunkie said:
But its true though, a lot of Robo Smoke players like to throw the teleport uppercut randomly.
Played this one kid today, Constant teleport uppercut. I mean, I punish him, he gets up and does it again. He only did it twice per round though ;)

abc ur dead0 said:
Boostjunkie said:
But its true though, a lot of Robo Smoke players like to throw the teleport uppercut randomly.
Played this one kid today, Constant teleport uppercut. I mean, I punish him, he gets up and does it again. He only did it twice per round though ;)
I'm waiting for my mom to go to sleep so I can wreck people in ranked.. :cry: Stupid TV shows.

Boostjunkie said:
Rockzilla220 said:

LOL, what about those who don't do his teleport uppercut unless they chain it off an air combo or from full screen when their opponent throws a projectile like me? :lol: But its true though, a lot of Robo Smoke players like to throw the teleport uppercut randomly.
Okay thankyou for pointing out how stupid I am hah. I know I usually don't run in to R.Smokes that use any tactic but teleport uppercut spear.

Pro RoboSmoke's are among the hardest people to beat.
noob RoboSmoke's are among the easiest to beat.

The difference? pros don't telepunch unless they know it will connect. And pros go invis whenever possible.