What's new

Best way to take down a robo-smoke

When I play on XBL, about 80% of the time I'm playing a robo smoke, and most of the time he beats me. Any suggestions on how to beat an rsmoke noob? (because most of them really do suck. they just spam throws and telecut combos)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Buttman, what characters can't punish a bad Robot Smoke with 40% or more damage?

If you are fighting a Robo Smoke noob, just pick Robo Smoke as well and wait for the teleport uppercut and counter it with: aaHp, teleport uppercut, aaHp, spear, hp, hp, lk, hk, lp for 54% damage and I guarantee they will not throw it very often after that or...quit out on you lmao. :lol:

I'm still mastering my relaunches.. but I usualy do a 49% counter using aaHP, spin, aaHP, aaHP, JK, AFB. I wish I could ply more robosmoke noobs. All I get are a ton of Usubs and the occasional Nightwolf that kicks my ass.

Best way to beat them is run, block, run, block and fake rush them, punish them after spear or teleport. Works 90% of the time. There's a couple exceptions with people that are good with robo moke.

TheRedPsychosis said:
I'm still mastering my relaunches.. but I usualy do a 49% counter using aaHP, spin, aaHP, aaHP, JK, AFB. I wish I could ply more robosmoke noobs. All I get are a ton of Usubs and the occasional Nightwolf that kicks my ass.

Best way to beat them is run, block, run, block and fake rush them, punish them after spear or teleport. Works 90% of the time. There's a couple exceptions with people that are good with robo moke.
insert a lp in between those run block sequences.

Shock said:
Buttman, what characters can't punish a bad Robot Smoke with 40% or more damage?
Well with a DECENT Sindel you can get %60+ every teleport

That ought to stop him from doing that, then use fireballs (no jumping ones)

I use Ermac and Punish them when they use it. They're Noobs so they never see the TKS after when they're getting up, Its pretty easy. Plus, the Teleport gets them alot too.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Pipa-Boy said:
TheRedPsychosis said:
he said fake rush ;)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You should be fake rushing using jabs with Block because if Kabal spins you either block it or he gets hit by the jab or thrown.

LP~Block aka Kara Jabs are essential against Kabal and rSmoke.

NinjaGrinder

he was talking about only rsmoke..
I understand "kara jabbing" vs kabal for his spin, but what are u looking to punish vs rsmoke? :roll:

ded

Elder God
karajbs for rsmoke too because rjab with no block cancel = free rsmoke harpoon even in corner

NinjaGrinder said:
he was talking about only rsmoke..
I understand "kara jabbing" vs kabal for his spin, but what are u looking to punish vs rsmoke? :roll:
Your looking to punish a teleport uppercut or block an incoming spear.

NinjaGrinder

there's no need to karajab for punishing ALL special moves.
anyways, I was talking about that guy post. he just said "fake rush" he does it that way. surely he can implement kara jabs but he said it worked for him that way. I don't play like that. you guys got me wrong. I'm not debating wether or not should kara jab be used against "x" char or "x" special move.

Well, thanks to my post I learned what karajabs are, and I'm gonna start doing that against other Kabals. And I've always wondered how a Robot Smoke would spear me in the middle of a jab rushdown, and now I can avoid that.. Thanks :)

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Yeah karajabs are cool. The other day I threw a guy out of a Spin and I was like "whooooooa." I mean I knew it could be done, but I think that might have been my first time doing it. It's pretty much the type of thing that just happens by accident though... it's not like you're really gonna TRY to throw Kabal out of the spin, you just do the Karajabs and see what happens.

NinjaGrinder said:
Pipa-Boy said:
TheRedPsychosis said:
he said fake rush ;)
if i punch, people think my guard is down and automaticaly teleport punch. Thats when the block comes in and punishment mode :wink:

I'm starting to get good with using hsmoke. If he tries to telecut me in midair I normally can get a throw in pretty easily. Or I can block, spear, HK LP, aaHP, spear, HK D+LP D+HP, JK throw.

xmimic

Noob
has anyone played bukk4k3 J ? this guy has one insane rsmoke.. i find it funny he isnt in any umk3 forums since he is prolly the best i have ever played.

xmimic said:
has anyone played bukk4k3 J ? this guy has one insane rsmoke.. i find it funny he isnt in any umk3 forums since he is prolly the best i have ever played.
I beat him 3/4 times I play him. He's not as predictable as most Robo Smoke players, but he always follows the same pattern. With the karajabs I just learnedabout, I might be able to block that spear he always got me with.