What's new

Best Video Game Character Tournament: Current Match-Kitana(MK) vs. Chun-Li(SF)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So this was taken from an idea on another site I follow, it's been around for a while and a good way to distract our minds from all the drama going on around us right now in the world. I have no idea how well this will do on here, but I invite everyone and anyone to join. So, with that being said let me explain the rules.

-Random characters will be chosen from all of gaming franchises, note:If the character technically already exists from the comics(let's say DC for example) but their alternate versions came from a game such as Injustice, this is the one exception I'm making. Those versions and that universe spawned from the gaming series that is Injustice before they appeared in any comics.

-You vote for one of the characters whichever one you think is more original, cooler, popular and overall design, generally more awesome to you. The matches will have nothing to do with who's more powerful.

-First character to reach 10 votes will be declared the winner, depending on how this progresses will determine if I change this rule amount. If it's slow moving, I may change it to less but seems to be decent activity on here and we're all stuck home now for a while, so should be good.

-If you guys have any cool ideas OR matches you think would be really close, good feel free to IM me them please.

-If a character loses that you happen to like, fear not. They'll go into the losers bracket and will do theirs or pair them up against other characters for a second shot to take the W.

-Post, have fun and enjoy. Maybe down the line if this thread gets hits, I'll do themed matches like same genre characters vs each other, or something.

-I will tag a few people on here I talk to start off, however IF you find yourself enjoying the thread and WANT to be tagged just let me know here and I'll tag or untag you. Some people with these topics regardless of website like to be tagged whenever a new match up starts.

@Onilordasmodeus @Ck AeroVoid @HiddenSelectCounterPick @spidey300 @NickandAutumn @xKMMx @OutworldKeith @deathstroke187 @Vslayer

Ok, so the first match will be: Fulgore(KI) vs. Tri-borg(MK)

Vs.

Match 1 results-10-2 Fulgore wins over Tri-borg
Match 2 results-

Last edited:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
So this was taken from an idea on another site I follow, it's been around for a while and a good way to distract our minds from all the drama going on around us right now in the world. I have no idea how well this will do on here, but I invite everyone and anyone to join. So, with that being said let me explain the rules.

-Random characters will be chosen from all of gaming franchises, note:If the character technically already exists from the comics(let's say DC for example) but their alternate versions came from a game such as Injustice, this is the one exception I'm making. Those versions and that universe spawned from the gaming series that is Injustice before they appeared in any comics.

-You vote for one of the characters whichever one you think is more original, cooler, popular and overall design, generally more awesome to you. The matches will have nothing to do with who's more powerful.

-First character to reach 15 votes will be declared the winner, depending on how this progresses will determine if I change this rule amount. If it's slow moving, I may change it to 10 but seems to be decent activity on here and we're all stuck home now for a while, so should be good. If it gets bombarded I can increase it as well but I'll start off with first to 15.

-If you guys have any cool ideas OR matches you think would be really close, good feel free to IM me them please.

-If a character loses that you happen to like, fear not. They'll go into the losers bracket and will do theirs or pair them up against other characters for a second shot to take the W.

-Post, have fun and enjoy. Maybe down the line if this thread gets hits, I'll do themed matches like same genre characters vs each other, or something.

-I will tag a few people on here I talk to start off, however IF you find yourself enjoying the thread and WANT to be tagged just let me know here and I'll tag or untag you. Some people with these topics regardless of website like to be tagged whenever a new match up starts.

@Onilordasmodeus @Ck AeroVoid @HiddenSelectCounterPick @spidey300 @NickandAutumn @xKMMx @OutworldKeith @deathstroke187 @Vslayer

Ok, so the first match will be: Fulgore(KI) vs. Tri-borg(MK)

Vs.

Fulgore infinity%
Gameplay wise F is far more balanced, I prefer his costumes WAY MORE as well.

We don't know much about TRIBORG as he was recently introduced as a mix of
Sektor
Cyrax
And Cybor subbie

Also Fulgore won death battle
(to my memory)

MKF30

My vote goes to, hmm this is tough actually. I guess Tri-borg because he has Sektor's abilities;)

So so far 1-1

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Tri-Borg is quite possibly the best DLC character NRS has ever released. It's FOUR unique characters in one. I was already blown away when I saw he was Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke. During the end of his Kombat Kast reveal when they showed the ice beam, I nearly lost my shit.

Having said that, if we are talking character design here, I'd go with Fulgore. It would be a closer race if you said Sektor or Cyrax vs Fulgore, though.

a little tough. triborg is all the borgs in one while which is cool but it's also like a cop out for not just adding regular borgs and we didn't get borgs in mk11. fulgore has been around for a long time. he hasn't really lost any of his flair and he even gets new stuff to play with. fulgore is one of the sickest characters in killer instinct and he just is more menacing than triborg. I liked his ki2 design over his ki3 design but he still looks good. my vote goes to fulgore

xKMMx

Banned
Ill have to go with Triborg just because I never really played KI and I was and still am a huge Predator mark lol. SO when MK3 hit and I saw Sektor and Cyrax on the character select screen I was way into them because they kinda had a little Predator with his mask look to them.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Fulgore is a million times cooler then Tri-borg but only debatably better then any of the actual individual Cyborgs. But none of those Cyborgs are here. Tri-borg was a wannabe bitch who was fun to play but has less legitimacy in canon then Freddy Krueger. Fulgore Ultra Combos' his ass

MKF30

@superbn0va Fun fact both the mk cyborgs and fulgore both inspired by the predator. Both are original well the 3 cyber ninjas, backstories powers etc and Fulgore. Triborg is an amalgam of the 4 cyber ninjas. But so far

Fulgore leading 6-2 over Tri-Borg. Moving a bit slower than anticipated but has alot of views...(looks for that blank stare emoji.)lol

I may make it first to 10 If this keeps moving this slow.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Fun fact both the mk cyborgs and fulgore both inspired by the predator. But so far

Fulgore leading 6-2 over Tri-Borg. Moving a bit slower than anticipated but has alot of views...(looks for that blank stare emoji.)lol

I may make it first to 10 If this keeps moving this slow.
Making a poll thread would be faster but would encourage less comments

MKF30

Making a poll thread would be faster but would encourage less comments
I would but the way the thread game rules are, it wouldn't make sense to do that since I can't undo a poll. Only add to it, I'll just make it first to 10. Do you have a preference btw? Of these two?

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Look dudes, I love the MK cyborgs but Fulgore is just something else. He is cool af, I would say even the flagship character of KI and dude HYPE BEAM!!!! That move alone with it's sound effects are out of this world. I love Fulgore and he gets my vote without much hesitation.

MKF30

Triborg is a cheap uninteresting fusion of 3 actually interesting and cool characters and a meme one.
Definitely worths dlc money, however fucking 3 fan favorites at once was not good.
So I go Fulgore, out of revenge.

Maybe you should add poll options.
Like I said to marijuana man, I can't make a poll in this case because I wouldn't be able to update the topic appropriately with newer matches, polls are set. Just read my first post you'll see what I mean.

Polls can't be edited in that way or deleted then readded, tym doesn't offer that unfortunately just thread title and basic editing of posts. I can only add poll options, besides its fun to read why people like a character. A shame the site isn't more enthusiastic, every other site I've done these threads they get alot of action. But he its whatever.

Like I said to marijuana man, I can't make a poll in this case because I wouldn't be able to update the topic appropriately with newer matches, polls are set. Just read my first post you'll see what I mean.

Polls can't be edited in that way or deleted then readded, tym doesn't offer that unfortunately just thread title and basic editing of posts. I can only add poll options, besides its fun to read why people like a character. A shame the site isn't more enthusiastic, every other site I've done these threads they get alot of action. But he its whatever.
Ok i understand. I though it would be different topics for every vs.
TYM needs a lore subforum for this kind of stuff

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Triborg is barely a character. Others have already said it, individually the MK cyborgs are better, but against triborg Fulgore wins so easy.

MKF30

Ok i understand. I though it would be different topics for every vs.
TYM needs a lore subforum for this kind of stuff
Cool, it's all good. I agree, TYM could use a few different things for sure, more options, tools for us etc that's why I'm using the off topic. For other sites usually this is where they like that kind of stuff to be as well so figured this is the closest. Do you have a preference btw? lol I'll make them first to 10 since this topic is getting some hits but not as much as I had hoped.

Character designs in that game were outrageously cool. Game never really clicked for me that hard but I loved trying to figure out characters like Gargos and Aria, so many cool ideas
Yeah lots of cool designs in KI.
9-2 Fulore leading so far guys!

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Character designs in that game were outrageously cool. Game never really clicked for me that hard but I loved trying to figure out characters like Gargos and Aria, so many cool ideas
KI should be a Model for all future Fighters. It is the most balanced Fighhter out there!

also the music is perfect.

MKF30

It's definitely a fun game, most balanced? ehh who knows, the music is good though MK during the 90's and MK 9 had perfect music. Sucks that the last few games have been lackluster in that department.

Ok will give this til the end of today then if nobody else posts, will just declare Fulgore the winner. But really want one more vote at least

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
@MKF30 How about the fact my 7 year old cousin has an equal chance at beating me(I played since xbox one's Launch) as I do him, no matter his pick? So far he has played for a month.
(Not mad lol)
And I have NOT gone easy on him

Last edited: