What's new

Question - Johnny Cage Best variation for beginners?

lemmywinks

losing record
I picked up Johnny Cage a few days ago after maining Kano exclusively and it has been a learning experience to say the least. There's just something so satisfying about landing nut punches that keeps me coming back despite losing more often than not. I'm currently using stunt double, but was wondering if I'd be better off using the other two variations at this point.

Also, I'm having a hard timing getting the d1 b3xx nutpunch combo ender down, even offline. Does this take some time to get down?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I picked up Johnny Cage a few days ago after maining Kano exclusively and it has been a learning experience to say the least. There's just something so satisfying about landing nut punches that keeps me coming back despite losing more often than not. I'm currently using stunt double, but was wondering if I'd be better off using the other two variations at this point.

Also, I'm having a hard timing getting the d1 b3xx nutpunch combo ender down, even offline. Does this take some time to get down?
Its d1 f3xx nutpunch not b3, and it is really really easy so whatever you are doing cant be right. Stunt double is the easier of the two variations you would use, fistycuffs is hard work right now and A list is a lot to learn. Stunt double is a great variation and has better damage and corner carry over A list at the cost of his run cancel block pressure.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Fisticuffs: Easiest and the worst
A-List: Requires high execution with SKRC combos. A strong character that focuses on constant pressure and frame traps
Stunt Double: Requires the knowledge of when to do clone cancels, clone management, and which clones to use on which character, also a strong character that focuses on frame traps to a lesser extent but definitely does a-lot more damage.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
A-list he def is high execution but once you figure out the SKRC he becomes so fun to play. It will take a little bit to learn the SKRC but definitely worth it in the end.
I mained kano still do actually and decided to pick up JC and went straight to a-list I never thought of myself as an execution master and I picked it up pretty quickly still not perfect with all the SKRC strings but you can def learn how to do it with practice don't let that hold you back